cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Oid
Engaged Sweeper
Hello,

Has someone experience with the installation on the Small Business Server 2008, this is 64Bit. After my installation the remote workplace and the webmail(outlook web access/owa) are not working anymore.

I could reset this and uninstall the lansweeper, but it sounds like a realy good tool so I was curious if someone has some experience with an correct installation on the SBS 2008.

Thanks
4 REPLIES 4
JasonP
Engaged Sweeper III
When I originally posted this I thought it was both versions but I have tried another installation of the latest 4 beta and that hasn't caused the problem.
JasonP
Engaged Sweeper III
I have had this with Lansweeper (and other programs that install websites).

The problem is that the installation programs seem to switch IIS 7 to 32bit compatability mode which breaks OWA.

If you switch IIS 7 back to 64bit mode then Lansweeper still works and so does OWA!

To switch modes open a command prompt and user the following:

Switch from x64 to x32
cscript c:\inetpub\adminscripts\adsutil.vbs SET /w3svc/AppPools/Enable32BitAppOnWin64 True

Switch from x32 to x64
cscript c:\inetpub\adminscripts\adsutil.vbs SET /w3svc/AppPools/Enable32BitAppOnWin64 False

I would love to know why programs do this when they install, any info from the developers?
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
JP wrote:
I have had this with Lansweeper (and other programs that install websites).

The problem is that the installation programs seem to switch IIS 7 to 32bit compatability mode which breaks OWA.

If you switch IIS 7 back to 64bit mode then Lansweeper still works and so does OWA!

To switch modes open a command prompt and user the following:

Switch from x64 to x32
cscript c:\inetpub\adminscripts\adsutil.vbs SET /w3svc/AppPools/Enable32BitAppOnWin64 True

Switch from x32 to x64
cscript c:\inetpub\adminscripts\adsutil.vbs SET /w3svc/AppPools/Enable32BitAppOnWin64 False

I would love to know why programs do this when they install, any info from the developers?

Are you refering to the 4.0 installer or the 3.5.x installer?
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
I suggest to try the lansweeper 4.0 beta from the forum, this version asks by default to create a site on a different port.