cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pareto
Engaged Sweeper
Hey there,

We've been in contact with one of your admins regarding this issue, and they suggested we post this as a full topic, so here goes ...

We're very new to the whole Lansweeper program, so we're just getting our feet wet, and one of the many issues we're trying to clear up, is the many listed "Unauthorized Administrators" in our Control Panel (CP).

We ran a search in the forums, and ran accross some 'suggestions', but we're not sure of all the steps, and/or "exact" way to enter the settings to get this resolved, so we're hoping we can get some of this info from posting this.

Basically we have a domain with quite a few computers that are scanned (over 90, and still counting), and we currently have 483 Unauthorized Administrator (UA) errors listed.

Now the suggestions we found were to make setting changes in the Config panel, so we know 'where' to do it (we login to the Config panel on the server, go to the 'Configuration' tab, then 'Allowed administrators' tab), we just don't know 'what' to do/enter.

Here's where we're at ...

Using this example - domain name is called 'monkeybrains.local', and all the computers are named 'monkey01' thru to 'monkey99'

According to this comment, "If you add domainname\administrators of domainname\domain admins this should affect all computers with these groups" - so, as we understand it, we should add one of the below examples, in the row fields, to take care of ALL the UA errors ...

Under 'Domains' field, add - monkeybrains
Under 'Administrators' field, add - administrators

- or -

Under 'Domains' field, add - monkeybrains\administrators
Under 'Administrators' field, add - monkeybrains\domain admins

Now, according to another suggestion, "if you put the domain as {computer} this will authorize any local admins you have setup" - so, if we understand it, we should add this ...

Under 'Domains' field, add - {computer}

- or -

Under 'Domains' field, add - monkey01

- or -

Under 'Domains' field, add - monkey01
Under 'Administrators' field, add - (leave blank)

As you can see, we're just a little unsure of what we're supposed to enter (I also must appologize as I didm't know how to add the screen shot of the actual Config panel that we took).

If anyone can throw a fairly exact "How-To" our way to sort thru this issue, it would be much appreciated.

Thanks
6 REPLIES 6
Pareto
Engaged Sweeper
Hey Lansweeper,

Awesome - thanks for all the points. Appreciate the assist.

Cheers
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
You can just fill in {computer} for the domain to ignore the local administrator account.

If you have so many allowed administrators, it might be easier to just remove the report from the dashboard.
Pareto
Engaged Sweeper
P.S.S. What do we do for the Local machine Administrator? Do we add each machine to the list so it doesn't list those accounts as UA's well? Would we do it as per your example like this ...

In domain fill in : (local machine name) - (i.e. monkey01)
In the username : administrator (or any other user/account that is allowed to be an administrator)

??

Thanks
Pareto
Engaged Sweeper
Hey Lansweeper,

Thanks for the response.

So if I have the full picture correct, if we have 50 employees, and they're all set to be Administrators of their own machine, then we need to create 50 separate entries with each employees name - correct?

Thanks

P.S. I would've just said, "OK", and assume that's exactly what you mean, but I never assume (as it always comes back to bite me when I do ) , so I make it a habit to ask JIC ;-).
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
In domain fill in : monkeybrains
In the username : administrator (or any other user that you allow to be an administrator)
Pareto
Engaged Sweeper
P.S. just figured out the "attach" box at the end of the post, so the Screen Shot is available

Thanks