cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ccdesktop
Champion Sweeper
Hi

I am testing the new deployment features.

Using a simple example, send message, when I send from the web console on my pc to my test pc the message does sometimes appear.

However, it also seems to appear on my PC as well.

As more people I test with the more pcs get the message each time - even though I only send it to one PC!

Any other tasks I have also tested also queue up and seem to execute at the same time - as can be seen in the deployment log for each scan server. So if I had previously attempted to kill notepad.exe it will send this command out several times to several computers even though I am sending out a message cmd etc,

Even software install are starting up again!

It's all very strange.

Have I missed something here?

I am concerned if I actually tried this in the field I would end up with attempts of software installs or commands running on everyones machine - rather than the ones specified!

Cheers
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
FYI for everyone: problem resolved by updating all scanning servers to the latest Lansweeper release. Make sure you keep all of your scanning servers up-to-date, as mixing Lansweeper versions can lead to issues.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
FYI for everyone: problem resolved by updating all scanning servers to the latest Lansweeper release. Make sure you keep all of your scanning servers up-to-date, as mixing Lansweeper versions can lead to issues.
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
Could you send the information below to support@lansweeper.com. We will follow up via email.
  • Link to this forum thread.
  • Export of deployment package.
  • Screenshot of Deployment\Logs.
  • Program Files (x86)\Lansweeper\Service\Errorlog.txt.
ccdesktop
Champion Sweeper
Am using latest 5.2.17 downloaded from website.

Steps are as follows:

Deploy using either the button in the Actions list with a PC selected.

Or choosing a specific pc from the Deployment list when using Deploy Now for a package.

Any package I choose has a similar effect - the send message package was one of the built in demo packages.

XML attached for ref though.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks
Michael_V
Champion Sweeper III
Are you using the latest non-beta version?

Can you upload your package please and steps to reproduce the problem.
You can export the package in the configuration.

New to Lansweeper?

Try Lansweeper For Free

Experience Lansweeper with your own data.

Try Now