cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sryan
Engaged Sweeper III
I have been searching for an iphone app that would allow us to use the camera to scan a barcode and bring up that item on the screen with information from lansweeper.

The screen would present information such as serial number, make, model, building, room.

From there the user can hit accept and it will update a custom field named LastInventoried.

I'm toying with the idea of creating this app or at least a webpage that could integrate and do the same thing. I have experience with webpage programming but not any with making apps.

I am specifically mentioning Apple products since my field technicians all have iphones.

Has anyone else thought about this kind of app before?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
This knowledge base article provides more information on the QR code feature. Keep in mind however that the Lansweeper console hasn't been optimized for small screens.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
sryan
Engaged Sweeper III
Thank you. I will figure something else out.
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
Making manual modifications to the console is not allowed or supported and will void your warranty.
sryan
Engaged Sweeper III
Remind me of the terms and conditions of your software. Am I allowed to copy one of your existing pages and modify it for my inventory function or should I create my own from scratch?
sryan
Engaged Sweeper III
This does sound easier. I just need to create a custom page that will allow for easier viewing and updating of the custom field lastinventoried. Thank you for your guidance.
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
This knowledge base article provides more information on the QR code feature. Keep in mind however that the Lansweeper console hasn't been optimized for small screens.
Michael_V
Champion Sweeper III
You can use the QR codes for this.
Scan the QR code on the machine and it will redirect to the asset page.