cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Prur-IT-o
Engaged Sweeper II

Hi,
The title says everything: I have installed some applications from Windows Store on my work computer, but LS cannot scan them.
i.e. iTunes, Spotify, HP Support Assistant, etc., are on my laptop, but they didn't appear in the software list.
Otherwise, if I install them outside the Store, they are displayed correctly.

Is there a way to scan all the installed software?
Thank you

7 REPLIES 7
Gilian
Product Team
Product Team

Hello,

We recommend using Lansweeper v9.5 (or higher) to scan MS Store apps.

More info can be found here: https://www.lansweeper.com/knowledgebase/microsoft-store-apps/

I am having the same issue.  Some devices show the MS apps installed.  These apps are installed during the build of the device so should be the same on every device.  We are running LS v. 10.5.0.8.

@kdunnett1 ,

Seems like either an access or credential issue for the assets where the MS apps aren't showing.

Could you verify the credentials have the same access on both machines? Specifically access to WMI class "Win32_InstalledStoreProgram" and registry path "SOFTWARE\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AppModel\Repository\Packages".

If they do, could you send a mail to support@lansweeper.com so we can get into a detailed analysis?

We are running LSAgent on every device.  So, shouldn't this bypass this issue?

@kdunnett1 ,

It should, can you validate scanning > scanned item intervals and see if softwaremssstoreapps is enabled for both scan server and lsagent and the wait days are set to 1. If you the lsagent brings in a recent scan, it should also include the ms store app data. If not, are all lsagents running on the same version? See "Scanning > LsAgent scanning: min version per group vs version provided by scan server". If there's a difference, best to enable auto-update here.

Not seeing any big changes for ms store apps since your version on https://www.lansweeper.com/changelog/ so it should be fine.

Gilian_0-1700490570370.png

grimstar
Champion Sweeper II
Realized I gave you a query that would only display correctly within PowerShell. Better off doing something like -

Get-WmiObject -Query "SELECT * FROM Win32_InstalledStoreProgram" | select-object name,version

If you wanted to take it a step further, this is the only way I can currently think of to get this information in to Lansweeper, and it's still not perfect. The below will query the WMI location, and proceed to add the values to the registry at $RegLocation. You'd then have to set up Lansweeper scanning to scan for the registry entries you are creating. The downside is that you can't just tell Lansweeper to scan $RegLocation. You have to know the name of the key(s) you are looking for and add them in one by one. This is fine if you dump everything to some sort of master list and keep up on it, but a pain because you are in a situation where you have to know what you are looking for before you start looking.

##Variables - Choose your registry location. I just based it off of the wmi name.
##Setting IgnoreMS to 1 will ignore entries that start "Microsoft."
$RegLocation = 'HKLM:\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Win32_InstalledStoreProgram'
$ignoreMS = 0

##Query
IF ( $ignoreMS -eq 1 ) {
$string = Get-WmiObject -Query "SELECT * FROM Win32_InstalledStoreProgram WHERE not NAME like 'Microsoft.%'" | select-object name,version
} ELSE {
$string = Get-WmiObject -Query "SELECT * FROM Win32_InstalledStoreProgram" | select-object name,version
}

##Cleanup (If you don't run this on some type of schedule, you'll just have static data)
IF (Test-Path $RegLocation) {
Remove-Item $RegLocation
}

##Add to registry
IF (!(Test-Path $RegLocation)) {
New-Item -Path $RegLocation
}

$string | ForEach-Object {
New-ItemProperty -Path HKLM:\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Win32_InstalledStoreProgram -Name $_.name -Value $_.version -PropertyType "String"
}

grimstar
Champion Sweeper II
The information you are looking for would require the following wmi query (or one with different output fields) to be ran against a machine -

Get-WmiObject -Query "SELECT * FROM Win32_InstalledStoreProgram" | ft name,version

Unfortunately Lansweeper doesn't support custom WMI queries, or at least as of the last time I checked.