cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
thebigman101
Engaged Sweeper
Hi everyone,

First time poster. Trying to see if lansweeper will work for our Asset Management needs.

1. Can you combine/link fields from an excel spreadsheet directly into lansweeper? We put asset tags on all our devices and it would be nice to be able to link the serial number and asset tag fields in our existing excel spreadsheet to lansweeper if possible. I know there are custom fields and I can manually add the asset tag but automation would be very nice. We also have items like purchase price, purchase date, etc in the spreadsheet that would be a nightmare to add manually. Any ideas on how to combat this issue?

2. What is the best way to add location input automation? Also, how would you handle a department with multiple physical locations? We are a rural county but we do have multiple branches of certain departments (ex: 3 EMS bases, 3 library branches all with different physical addresses). The issue with IP scanning is we have mobile units riding around the county and if they pull in one of those buildings and connect via wifi now they will be misclassified for a period of time. Is there a way to link a particular OU in active directory to automatically assign the device to a particular physical address and department?

I'm sure I will have other questions but thought I would start with these two. Thank you to everyone in advance!
0 REPLIES 0