cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ccdesktop
Champion Sweeper
Hi

At some point I think the names within Asset States have been altered, so that we now may have something different from the default.

So after "Active" we have a value of "Paper Store" which is a name unique to us, I think this is then giving us confusion when Lansweeper sets assets to non-active after xx days, so I want to reset the Asset States back to their default naming convention. Sooo.... can someone tell me what the default names are?

Thanks
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Daniel_B
Lansweeper Alumni
Please note that we normally can't offer support if the Lansweeper database was modified. As mentioned by Susan, you are always able to add your own asset states under Configuration\Asset pages, section Asset states.

These are the default states:
1 Active
2 Non-active
3 Sold
4 Stolen
5 Broken
6 Don't show
7 Spare
8 In repair
9 Stock

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Daniel_B
Lansweeper Alumni
Please note that we normally can't offer support if the Lansweeper database was modified. As mentioned by Susan, you are always able to add your own asset states under Configuration\Asset pages, section Asset states.

These are the default states:
1 Active
2 Non-active
3 Sold
4 Stolen
5 Broken
6 Don't show
7 Spare
8 In repair
9 Stock
ccdesktop
Champion Sweeper
Thanks for the response, sorry for the delay in replying.

Yes I think that the database was altered directly as configuration\asset pages does not have any asset state with a red(-) button, so our list of items (in order) is:

(edit - added state number from tblstate in brackets after name)

Active (1)
Paper Store (2)
Disposed (3)
Stolen (4)
Donated (5)
Sold (6)
Don't show (7)
In repair (8)
Stock (9)

None of these have a red (-) button, so if there are others you don't recognise then they may also have been added in the database directly

Could you just confirm what the default list is (as we don't have spare), and I can then reset back via the database to the default.
Thanks
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
If you look under Configuration\Asset Pages, any state *without* a red (-) button next to it is built-in. Any state *with* a red (-) button next to it was added by you. It's not actually possible to delete the built-in states without editing the database directly.

Only "active" and "non-active" are auto-assigned by Lansweeper. Assets are set to "active" by default and can only automatically be set (back) to "non-active" or "active" by your database cleanup options. All other states, including built-in ones like "spare" and "don't show", can only be manually selected; they're never auto-assigned.

You can easily change the state of multiple assets at once by:
  • Clicking the Assets link at the top of the web console.
  • Optionally, filtering one or more columns to find the assets you need.
  • Ticking the check boxes in front of individual assets or the upper check box to select all assets in the current search results.
  • Hitting the Mass Change button on the left and selecting the State field.