cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tmcmanus3385
Engaged Sweeper
We like to add our hard drive model and serial numbers to the asset page for computers. We know this information can be obtained in a report, but like for this to be seen when we view the assets main page. Is there a way to pull data from the data base and add it to a custom field we create? I want this to populate automatically and not manually. We have over 1000 computers and will be a lot to manage manually. Surely this is possible since it has the data in the database. Any ideas?
3 REPLIES 3
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
It is possible, however, you would indeed have to copy information from an asset's tblFloppy to tblAssetsCustom. Additionally, to keep this information updated, you would have to make the database script run daily so it adds the information to new assets and updates it if hardware changes.
KrisNelson
Champion Sweeper
Alias isn't missing. That last screenshot is from a custom report.

In order for this to work with the custom fields, you would have to add them in and then have an sql script copy the fields from

tblFloppy.Manufacturer to tblAssetCustom.Custom1
tblFloppy.Model to tblAssetCustom.Custom2
tblFloppy.SerialNumber to tblAssetCustom.Custom3

This is assuming you use the Custom 1, 2 and 3 for your disk drive information.

-Kris
tmcmanus3385
Engaged Sweeper
tmcmanus3385@stanly.edu wrote:
We like to add our hard drive model and serial numbers to the asset page for computers. We know this information can be obtained in a report, but like for this to be seen when we view the assets main page. Is there a way to pull data from the data base and add it to a custom field we create? I want this to populate automatically and not manually. We have over 1000 computers and will be a lot to manage manually. Surely this is possible since it has the data in the database. Any ideas?

I found this information and looks like a possible solution at the bottom of the page, but alias is missing in reports. Anybody know why alias is missing?
webpage