General Discussions

Find answers to technical questions about Lansweeper.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Resolved! Bios Password set/enabled report

We are needing to run a report to determine which laptops do not have the Bios password turned on. I am not even sure if this possible through Lansweeper or not. Any ideas or thoughts? Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.Thank you in...

Neil43 by Engaged Sweeper
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Explanation of deployment XML options

Sorry, I can not find the manual.I exported an existing package so I could add some additional error checking and exit codes.I see things like <shutdownoption>, <shutdowntime>,<rescan>,<runmode> and on and on.I am looking for a document that lists al...

MisterEd by Engaged Sweeper
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Show AD Computers that haven't been online yet

We have recently installed and set up Lansweeper. We have it set to scan AD, and it grabs all the info from AD, OUs, users, etc.What seems to be missing is computers that are in AD that haven't been online since Lansweeper was turned on.For Example,...

Joey_Elam by Engaged Sweeper II
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! Freeware version set up

I'm trying to set up freeware version, to test it out, but lansweeper can't find any computers on the network. I have checked the manual, but I still was not able to configure it. Do you have any articles or manuals on how to set up freeware version?...

Andrius by Engaged Sweeper
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! What is the order in which packages are deployed?

We have 20 branch offices all connected via VPN. Some of these connections are very slow, only 1.5 mbps (T1). What is the order in which packages are deployed to computers across different subnets? Is it random? Does it complete one subnet at a time?...

jprateragg by Champion Sweeper
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Report Computer: Encryptable Volumes

The default report "Computer: Encryptable Volumes" is not showing the right information, on Windows 8.1 the laptops don't show as encrypted with bitlocker although they are. Is it an issue for Windows 8.x?

Anonymous by Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Turn on Media Player on Windows Feature

Hello Lansweeper.I purchased Lansweeper Pro and want to enable Windows Media Player through Lansweeper Deployment Tools.Currently, Windows Media Player is off on Windows feature. I like to feature on through lansweeper.We have 500 PC and I do not hav...

dpwcho122 by Engaged Sweeper
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos