General Discussions

Find answers to technical questions about Lansweeper.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Resolved! How does LSW find its assets without creating duplicates

HelloI'd like to know how LSW finds its assets and avoids duplicates.SituationThere is an asset, called sqlsrv01, that LSW finds and adds to the asset pool all by itself. It even fetches the warranty information and such from Dells website. All good....

EZAG by Engaged Sweeper
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Screen Shot Notifications

Hi I am new to the forum and to LanSweeper itself. Before I enable the Screenshot capability, I was wondering if the user of the remote machine is notified that a screenshot has been taken. If not is there a way to advise them one has been taken?

jgraver by Engaged Sweeper
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Draytek AP800

Hi, We have a few AP800's in our business. When LanSweeper scans them they come back as a webserver. Is there anyway I can add the MIB for the device or do I need another credential to scan the device?ThanksMark

playford by Engaged Sweeper III
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Processor showing up Wrong

I have several ThinkCentre M90 (3246B9U) Desktop PC Intel Core i3 "x86 Family 6 Model 37 Stepping 5" on our network is showing up as a Intel Pentium II processor. Is there a fix for this?

chadsharp by Engaged Sweeper
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Managing assets: rename and spare

How did exactly asset rename detection works?For an example: I have an asset F19\comp1, with history, comments, filled warranty data, few warranty scan's in docs, etc.Then that workplace has changed with new PC, so I rename F19\comp1 to RESERVE\comp1...

imort by Engaged Sweeper
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! lsremote problem

Fist let me explain the situation. I've got a server that is running Lansweeper. I'm using the webinterface on my own machine with the link: http://server.companyname.local:81.I'v installed a new computer exactly the same as the other computers in my...

Duiker by Engaged Sweeper
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! SNMP Scanning Error - "New scan found 0 MAC addresses..."

Hi Everyone,My apologies if this has been asked and answered before but I was unable to find any reference to this error either in the troubleshooting guide or here in the forums.I'm encountering the below error whilst scanning an number of switches,...

zailleh by Engaged Sweeper II
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos