cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Max90
Engaged Sweeper
I created a deploy to install a new version of a software and it works.
How do I update all previous version software?
I saw that I can add a condition to a file or a registry but how do I check the version of the software installed?

If you can help me then I'll put an automatic scheduler.
Thank you
5 REPLIES 5
looktall
Engaged Sweeper III
I normally schedule deployments based on dynamic groups.

Say i want to install software X version 2.

I will create a dynamic group that has a filter "Software installed -->not like-->"software X version2".
Any computer that doesn't have software X version 2 installed will end up in that group.

Then i can set a scheduled deployment to deploy on the group at a schedule of my choosing.

As devices get the software installed they will fall out of the dynamic group and the deployment will stop targeting them.
Max90
Engaged Sweeper
looktall wrote:
I normally schedule deployments based on dynamic groups.

Say i want to install software X version 2.

I will create a dynamic group that has a filter "Software installed -->not like-->"software X version2".
Any computer that doesn't have software X version 2 installed will end up in that group.

Then i can set a scheduled deployment to deploy on the group at a schedule of my choosing.

As devices get the software installed they will fall out of the dynamic group and the deployment will stop targeting them.

I did so and it is actually better, thanks!
Max90
Engaged Sweeper
Max90 wrote:
I saw that I can add a condition to a file or a registry but how do I check the version of the software installed?

Thank you

I solved it by putting a condition to go look for a registry key here:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ WOW6432Node \ Microsoft \ Windows \ CurrentVersion \ Uninstall \ CRSManager_is1

DisplayName = software version.

In the condition I write that if the version is not that of the deploy then to do the installation, otherwise "Stop (failure)".

Is this the correct procedure?
I would like to understand how to best set this thing, because doing so gives me a red line in the deployment of the pc when it does not have the software installed or if it already has the right version.
Isn't there a way to launch the deployment (and make it appear in the pc tab) only if it is to be done?
looktall
Engaged Sweeper III
Max90 wrote:
Max90 wrote:

Thank you

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ WOW6432Node \ Microsoft \ Windows \ CurrentVersion \ Uninstall \ CRSManager_is1

In the condition I write that if the version is not that of the deploy then to do the installation, otherwise "Stop (failure)".

I would like to understand how to best set this thing, because doing so gives me a red line in the deployment of the pc when it does not have the software installed or if it already has the right version.
Isn't there a way to launch the deployment (and make it appear in the pc tab) only if it is to be done?

If it is equal to the correct version, then stop success.
Max90
Engaged Sweeper
looktall wrote:
Max90 wrote:
Max90 wrote:

Thank you

If it is equal to the correct version, then stop success.

to do the scheduling I can set it on the report "Windows: laptop and desktop" so it does it for me on all client PCs?