cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gdudley
Engaged Sweeper III
Hello All - I installed lansweeper product yesterday to evaluate it and so far I love it! Could someone you tell me what I might need to do to allow switch port mapping for my cisco 2960 switch? I added it with snmp and it pulls successfully and I see all my ports and vlans but its not showing the devices connected to it.
7 REPLIES 7
gdudley
Engaged Sweeper III
Sorry about that. Here's the link

http://netscantools.blogspot.com/2013/07/configuring-cisco-ios-switches-for-use.html

jmagoulick
Engaged Sweeper
Thats great. I took a stab at the command and it didnt work on the first try. Could you post the link to the article? Not seeing it in that post. Thanks!
gdudley
Engaged Sweeper III
It turned out to be snmpv3 context. This article explains it

I added this command to each of my switches, did a rescan and lansweeper mapped all the ports on my switches successfully.

snmp-server group yourV3groupName v3 auth context vlan- match prefix
gdudley
Engaged Sweeper III
Ok. Thanks for the info satxx. Guess I need to keep digging.
satxx
Engaged Sweeper II
We have a few 2960s plus a few older cisco switches and our port information gets pulled and displayed just fine if ofcource the device attached has been scanned otherwise just shows a MAC like it should.

Not sure why yours isnt working but we havent had any problems with cisco products at all.
gdudley
Engaged Sweeper III
SNMP provides the port information in other products I have. Lansweeper is not. I have cisco devices. Its not just one device either. I have a couple 2960 switches, a 4500 switch and 2900 series routers. They all are not showing the port mapping information. Seems Lansweeper has an issue with cisco devices. Unless there is anyone else out there that has any one of the switch models I have and are able to pull port mapping info?
Bart_E
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
Port mapping information is pulled from SNMP. If the switch is successfully scanned through SNMP, but port mapping information hasn't, SNMP on the switch isn't providing the port mapping information. There is not much we can do about this, unfortunately. A firmware update of the switch may resolve the issue.

You can confirm that SNMP isn't providing the information by performing a connection test to the switch with this tool. If the Connected Devices list at the end of the test is empty, SNMP isn't providing the information.

New to Lansweeper?

Try Lansweeper For Free

Experience Lansweeper with your own data.

Try Now