cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tshaw
Engaged Sweeper

Hello,

We're looking for a way to completely turn off the feature that auto generates tickets based on incoming emails. Previously we've got around this by not adding an incoming email server to the email settings. Unfortunately this band-aid solution is no longer adequate as now we're missing communications when users respond directly to our Helpdesk email address. 

Looking for guidance / assistance. 

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
tshaw
Engaged Sweeper

Thank you. We already had the setting set to "Reject E-Mail." 

I was able to get this to work correctly though, the problem was a auto-reply loop on the original email address that we configured for incoming/outgoing emails. I simply created a new email address lansweeperhelpdesk@contoso.com and configured this in lansweeper as our incoming/outgoing email account. It's all working as expected!

Thank you for the help!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
tshaw
Engaged Sweeper

Thank you. We already had the setting set to "Reject E-Mail." 

I was able to get this to work correctly though, the problem was a auto-reply loop on the original email address that we configured for incoming/outgoing emails. I simply created a new email address lansweeperhelpdesk@contoso.com and configured this in lansweeper as our incoming/outgoing email account. It's all working as expected!

Thank you for the help!

FrankSc
Lansweeper Tech Support
Lansweeper Tech Support

Hi, 
There is an option under Configuration\Email Settings to reject E-mails if they don't have a recognized subject. Selecting that will reject all new incoming mails.

FrankSc_0-1658315914525.png

New to Lansweeper?

Try Lansweeper For Free

Experience Lansweeper with your own data.

Try Now