Did you mean: 
Finger
Engaged Sweeper
Hello Everyone.

LS server is 2008 R2
Version of LS 9.0.30.1
Priveleged Admin User nsd\Lansweep
I have some problem when i try deploy.

1) When my registry key RequireIntegrityActivationAuthenticationLevel is 0 - i have error:
Preliminary checks failed. Task Registering Error. Access is denied. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070005 (E_ACCESSDENIED)) Credential: (NSD\Lansweep). ShareCredential: (nsd\Lansweep).

2) When my registry key RequireIntegrityActivationAuthenticationLevel is 1 - i have error:
Error. Wrong Credentials: Access is denied. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070005 (E_ACCESSDENIED)) NSD\Lansweep (NSD\Lansweep)

3) On win10 client log i see error:
The server-side authentication level policy does not allow the user NSD\Lansweep SID (S-1-5-21-..........-.........-.........-....) from address xxx.xx.xx.xx to activate DCOM server. Please raise the activation authentication level at least to RPC_C_AUTHN_LEVEL_PKT_INTEGRITY in client application.

Plese help. I don`t know, what can i do anymore?!

1 REPLY 1
grimstar
Champion Sweeper II
Finger wrote:
Hello Everyone.

LS server is 2008 R2
Version of LS 9.0.30.1
Priveleged Admin User nsd\Lansweep
I have some problem when i try deploy.

1) When my registry key RequireIntegrityActivationAuthenticationLevel is 0 - i have error:
Preliminary checks failed. Task Registering Error. Access is denied. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070005 (E_ACCESSDENIED)) Credential: (NSD\Lansweep). ShareCredential: (nsd\Lansweep).

2) When my registry key RequireIntegrityActivationAuthenticationLevel is 1 - i have error:
Error. Wrong Credentials: Access is denied. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070005 (E_ACCESSDENIED)) NSD\Lansweep (NSD\Lansweep)

3) On win10 client log i see error:
The server-side authentication level policy does not allow the user NSD\Lansweep SID (S-1-5-21-..........-.........-.........-....) from address xxx.xx.xx.xx to activate DCOM server. Please raise the activation authentication level at least to RPC_C_AUTHN_LEVEL_PKT_INTEGRITY in client application.

Plese help. I don`t know, what can i do anymore?!

There is the distinct chance you have an issue here that you cannot resolve without upgrading your server to at least Server 2012 R2. It's going to fall back to Server 2008 R2 being end of life and out of mainstream support for nearly two years.

Per your post it seems you have done some research, so you know that in September, Microsoft released an update in their monthly cumulative deployment that performed some DCOM hardening. At a high level, if your server and client both have the update installed, you will not encounter the issue. If there is a mismatch on either end, you will receive the message you are seeing below. That registry key you mentioned is SUPPOSED to allow you to bypass it (at least for the moment), however it doesn't work as of today. In your situation the clients have the patch but the server doesn't, so the fix would be to install the patch on your scan server.

If you have extended licensing on Server 2008 R2 patches, install the patch... assuming it exists. Alternatively upgrading to Server 2012 R2 and applying all required patches up through at least September would also resolve the issue.