cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Todd
Engaged Sweeper III
I'm trying to get a report that will detect if a specific font is installed in the C:\Windows\Fonts folder. Anybody know how I would build that?
6 REPLIES 6
Todd
Engaged Sweeper III
I did not do this, thank you so much that fixed it!!
CyberCitizen
Honored Sweeper
Have you added it to the custom file scanning (the font file not the folder).

On that page, you should be able to go to report to see what it shows. Note once added to the file scanning you will need to re-scan the machines for the report to show any data.
DontByteMe
Engaged Sweeper III
I hope this helps. You can look for specific fonts or even just put them all on the list. But this is what it would look like.

Select Top 1000000 tblAssets.AssetID,
tblAssets.AssetName,
tblAssets.IPAddress,
tblAssets.Lastseen,
tsysOS.OSname,
tsysOS.Image As icon
From tblAssets
Inner Join tblAssetCustom On tblAssets.AssetID = tblAssetCustom.AssetID
Inner Join tsysOS On tblAssets.OScode = tsysOS.OScode
Where tblAssets.AssetID Not In (Select tblFileVersions.AssetID
From tblFileVersions
Where tblFileVersions.FilePathfull Like '%Fonts\EXAMPLE.TTF' And
tblFileVersions.Found = 'True') And tblAssetCustom.State = 1
Order By tblAssets.AssetName

You can also read on scanning the registry for fonts. Here is the link for that.
https://www.lansweeper.com/knowledgebase/report-based-on-registry-keys/

Y must be careful - inside the script is a NOT. So you get all except the one where the font is installed.

Although you have to filescan in front.

And user installed fonts are saved as file inside the user profile at

%userprofile%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Fonts\xxxxx.ttf

Todd
Engaged Sweeper III
I can find the registry keys no problem but I can't seem to get the font report to work. No matter what I do, it just shows up with every computer on the list regardless of if it has that font in the C:\windows\fonts folder or not.
DontByteMe
Engaged Sweeper III
Todd wrote:
I can find the registry keys no problem but I can't seem to get the font report to work. No matter what I do, it just shows up with every computer on the list regardless of if it has that font in the C:\windows\fonts folder or not.

If you have an image of what you have, it can help other viewers jump in and give an answer or if they spot an error in the code.