cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BastiOn
Engaged Sweeper III
Hy,

We have a problem for some time.

After scanning with our first Scanning Server almost all Windows computers are displayed as network devices.

Windows computers are ignored in the ranges when scanning so the theory in the setting of the scanning targets.
In the asset "This computer is excluded from scanning"

We have a second Scanning Target with active AD Scanning method only for Windows Clients in a extra Domain.
The First Scannning Target is for all other Assets first, and second Domain.

We did not have the problem in the past, something must have happened or been misplaced.

What i do with the assets is edit all.

I delete it then always mass processing .. because almost 400 assets are consumed

5 REPLIES 5
BastiOn
Engaged Sweeper III
I just realized with scare that Lansweeper has probably set up any available IP as a web server.
Whether there is the IP or not. That's a bug ? .. have 3500 new assets
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
You didn't update Lansweeper I presume? That way we can already rule that out.

I don't have a clear reason as to why it would randomly start happening. In theory, as soon as it detects Windows ports open, it should skip the scan. But since you are scanning those computers (with AD) that they should have those ports open anyway.

To check that you could do check with the devicetester executable from the Lansweeper folder.
BastiOn
Engaged Sweeper III
Esben.D wrote:

We have the latest Version installed. 7.2.105.2

I don't have a clear reason as to why it would randomly start happening. In theory, as soon as it detects Windows ports open, it should skip the scan.

The Scan shows that ports are open

grimstar
Champion Sweeper II
I think Esten.D was asking if this occurred after you updated your Lansweeper version, not if you were on the latest version.

BastiOn wrote:
Esben.D wrote:

I don't have a clear reason as to why it would randomly start happening. In theory, as soon as it detects Windows ports open, it should skip the scan.

BastiOn
Engaged Sweeper III
RKCar wrote:
I think Esten.D was asking if this occurred after you updated your Lansweeper version, not if you were on the latest version.

BastiOn wrote:
Esben.D wrote:

ah ok, then i misunderstood this
i think so, but i can not say for sure