cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
somelsadmin
Engaged Sweeper II

While reading VMware ESXi End of Life - Lansweeper IT Asset Management at the bottom it says;

"With the upcoming End of General Support for ESXi 6.5 and 6.7, our data team at Lansweeper decided to have a look at the current situation of ESXi installs in their data set. The snapshot found over 79,000 ESXi Servers installed across over 6,000 organizations."

This got me worried... does LanSweeper as an organization have access to my data or am i just interpreting this wrong? I seriously hope the latter...

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Obi_1_Cinobi
Lansweeper Tech Support
Lansweeper Tech Support

Hello there!

Please find the response of our security team below:

The data our data research teams use to analyze trends comes from aggregated, anonymized data points collected with customer consent.

• Definition aggregate data: any data, that is the result of a consolidation of Licensee Content or derivations thereof, and which does not or no longer relates to a Data Subject.
  • According to the terms, Lansweeper is permitted to aggregate customer asset data, and the usage and exploitation rights are in regards of this aggregate data. “Aggregate Data” is gathered through a “metrics system”. If the customer is not comfortable with having its Asset Data aggregated by us, the customer can simply disallow us to do so through the configuration settings. More information on how to deactivate the metrics can be found here: https://www.lansweeper.com/knowledgebase/notifications/.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Hendrik_VE
Champion Sweeper III

I can't find anything on the trust center related to which asset data is accessible by Lansweeper (the company).

My assets contain a lot of confidential data, so before pushing anything to the cloud, I'd like to know exactly what data Lansweeper (the company) has access to. Can you link me to a document which describes that in detail?

Obi_1_Cinobi
Lansweeper Tech Support
Lansweeper Tech Support

Hello there!

Our security team would definitely be able to help you out. Our security team can be contacted via email: security@lansweeper.com

I've send an email to security@lansweeper.com and am awaiting an answer. Maybe the security team could respond here also as it seems others are interested.

Obi_1_Cinobi
Lansweeper Tech Support
Lansweeper Tech Support

Hello there!

Please find the response of our security team below:

The data our data research teams use to analyze trends comes from aggregated, anonymized data points collected with customer consent.

• Definition aggregate data: any data, that is the result of a consolidation of Licensee Content or derivations thereof, and which does not or no longer relates to a Data Subject.
  • According to the terms, Lansweeper is permitted to aggregate customer asset data, and the usage and exploitation rights are in regards of this aggregate data. “Aggregate Data” is gathered through a “metrics system”. If the customer is not comfortable with having its Asset Data aggregated by us, the customer can simply disallow us to do so through the configuration settings. More information on how to deactivate the metrics can be found here: https://www.lansweeper.com/knowledgebase/notifications/.
Obi_1_Cinobi
Lansweeper Tech Support
Lansweeper Tech Support

Hello there!

I will forward your feedback internally, to see if they can provide a public statement.

Obi_1_Cinobi
Lansweeper Tech Support
Lansweeper Tech Support

Hello there!

We would recommend visiting our trust center for more information regarding data privacy, security and compliance: https://www.lansweeper.com/trust/

Should you still have questions after visiting our trust center, don't hesitate to reach out to our security team directly, as they are best suited to answer your questions.

Our security team can be contacted via email: security@lansweeper.com