cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mgroover
Engaged Sweeper
I am running v9.2.10.1 and seeing the following.

When scanning servers by IP range through scan now or scheduled scans results in scanning issues for two specific objects

Type: Error
Item: TPM
Message: Access is denied. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070005 (E_ACCESSDENIED))

Type: Error
Item: ENCRYPTABLEVOLUME
Message: Access is denied. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070005 (E_ACCESSDENIED))

BUT...

If I look at the asset and use Rescan asset the scan will complete and the scanning issues will no longer be present until the next scheduled scan.

Does anyone have an idea of what might be going on?

Thanks
-mg
3 REPLIES 3
Obi_1_Cinobi
Lansweeper Tech Support
Lansweeper Tech Support

Hello there!

An IP range scan will contact the asset on its IP address before handing over the asset to the Windows scanning routine, the rescan button will contact the asset by its NetBIOS name, so perhaps there is a difference there.

If this issue persists in the latest version of Lansweeper, I would suggest reaching out to the support team: support@lansweeper.com

The following information would be nice to have:

• Program Files (x86)\Lansweeper\Service\Errorlog.txt, as present on your Lansweeper scan server.
  • Screenshots of one problem client machine's Lansweeper webpage - after a manual rescan. Show us the following tabs:
    • Summary
    • Scan Time
    • Scan Issues (if it exists)
  • Screenshots of one problem client machine's Lansweeper webpage - after a scheduled IP scan. Show us the following tabs:
    • Summary
    • Scan Time
    • Scan Issues (if it exists)
  • Screenshot of a connection test performed to the same problem client machine with testconnection.exe, which can be found in Program Files (x86)\Lansweeper\Actions on your Lansweeper server. Perform the test from your Lansweeper server to the client machine (on NetBIOS name), submit the same credential used by Lansweeper to scan the client, and show us the entire test window.
  • Screenshot of a connection test performed to the same problem client machine with testconnection.exe, which can be found in Program Files (x86)\Lansweeper\Actions on your Lansweeper server. Perform the test from your Lansweeper server to the client machine (on IP address), submit the same credential used by Lansweeper to scan the client, and show us the entire test window.

We recommend compressing these files into an archive (zip/rar/7z) prior to sending them to drastically reduce their size.

stiwa
Champion Sweeper

I can confirm that this bug still exists in 10.2.4.0, exactly the same behaviour.

Obi_1_Cinobi
Lansweeper Tech Support
Lansweeper Tech Support

Hello there!

If this issue persists in the latest version of Lansweeper, I would suggest reaching out to the support team: support@lansweeper.com

You can find the information that we require in this forum thread.

New to Lansweeper?

Try Lansweeper For Free

Experience Lansweeper with your own data.

Try Now