cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gilian
Product Team
Product Team

Starting Lansweeper 9.3, we introduced Microsoft Store app scanning, which also scans the MS Store apps on your Windows client assets.

We’re very interested in getting your feedback on this feature.

Can you help us improve Lansweeper by sharing your feedback here?

6 REPLIES 6
jcushenan
Engaged Sweeper

Is it possible to find out where in WMI/Registry that Lansweeper scans for the MS Store app info? I have removed an app from a machine but Lansweeper is still picking it up as being installed. The scanned item interval is not the issue in this case as I have changed it to scan every time but still doesn't disappear. I'm hoping there is some trace that can be removed manually for it to disappear.

FrankSc
Lansweeper Tech Support
Lansweeper Tech Support

Hi, Could you please send a mail to Support@lansweeper.com about this?
They can check if there are any known issues in the version you are running, and they can also assist in troubleshooting this further by looking at the specific Registry/WMI locations.

user18940
Engaged Sweeper

user18940_0-1666108427863.png

Actually, looking at my Scanning Intervals, the setting was not Enabled.

Perhaps when we installed the 9.3 update, it comes disabled where you have to enable it?

It does now work, appreciate the reply!

Happy to help out!

Indeed, windows scanning takes a bit more time when MS Store apps scanning is enabled. After assessing customer feedback, we set MS Store app scanning disabled by default since 9.5.0.4:

"Added: LAN-12867 There is now a separate scanned item interval called SOFTWAREMSSTOREAPPS to control if and how often Microsoft Store apps are scanned. This item is disabled by default in new Lansweeper installations and updated installations that had not already scanned Store apps."

user18940
Engaged Sweeper

Great idea and it does scan some items, but sometimes it never picks up other apps. Disney Plus, Netflix, Angry Birds 2, all missed.  We'd love for this to work so we can track users and what they install.

Thanks for the feedback.

I just added those Windows Store apps and rescanned the asset and the apps appear in the software list.

Can you validate if WMI and registry access is possible with the provided scanning credentials? See requirement 1 in https://www.lansweeper.com/knowledgebase/microsoft-store-apps/. An LsAgent scan should also return these apps when scanning the asset locally.

Gilian_D_0-1666098929467.png