cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tramsey
Engaged Sweeper
Firefox Quantam is set to release on Nov. 14 - https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/quantum/

The current plugin for running actions is not compatible - https://www.lansweeper.com/kb/11/firefoxplugin.html

Are there plans for compatibility? I haven't found anything on this, but am new to the forums, so I may have missed it.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
Update regarding this topic.

Currently, the Lansweeper plugin supports up to version 57 of Firefox. Please note that the plugin does not support experimental builds of browsers like Firefox nightly.

However, we did find a possible solution which might make your actions work again. A registry entry ordinarily created by the installer needs to be manually created:
  • Copy-paste the text below into Notepad and save the file as filename.reg
  • Run the newly created .reg file.
  • Restart Firefox
The path below is the default installation path for firefox. Please double check if it is correct for you specific installation. The plugin will only work if this file path is correct.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Mozilla\NativeMessagingHosts\com.lansweeper.lansweepershellexecFF]
@="C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\browser\extensions\Lansweeper\com.lansweeper.lansweepershellexecFF.json"

If you are still experiencing issues I still recommend contacting our support team for troubleshooting after reading this topic.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
ABECU
Engaged Sweeper III
The new extension doesn't seem to be working for me, clicking any action silently fails. Any suggestions?
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
Just a quick update. We released a new version today which includes the new Firefox plugin that should work with Firefox 57.

6.0.100.75, Lspush 6.0.100.27, SQL 150 (11 oct 2017)

• Changed: #582200 Due to Mozilla switching to WebExtension plugins, created a new Firefox plugin for running asset and user actions
  • Fixed: #581145 Duplicating tickets with custom fields sometimes generates "Subquery returned more than 1 value" errors
  • Fixed: #579634 Scanning the SIP protocol of network devices sometimes fails even though the protocol is accessible
  • Fixed: #580601 When using SQL Compact as the Lansweeper database server, adding or removing a credential mapping under
  • Scanning\Scanning Credentials sometimes generates errors, e.g. "Error while saving priority to the database"
tramsey
Engaged Sweeper
Awesome I'll keep an eye on the page; thanks!
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
We are aware of the upcoming changes to Firefox. In the current Lansweeper version our Firefox extension is fully functional in the latest Firefox production release version 56. Our developers are aware of the webextensions format for Firefox version 57. We do hope to have a functional webextensions format Lansweeper extension by the time version 57 is publicly released. However, we can't guarantee a date at which this will be released.

When we update our Firefox plugin it will be listed in our change log, which can be consulted here: https://www.lansweeper.com/changelog.aspx

New to Lansweeper?

Try Lansweeper For Free

Experience Lansweeper with your own data.

Try Now