cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
William382
Engaged Sweeper III
EDIT: IT WORKS>

Environment: Full Windows, mixed network hardware (cisco,HP,Dell, ext).

Just bought a license for Lansweeper after testing it out for a good bit of time.

Is the Dell warranty API busted again? I installed this on a PC where Spiceworks was running (it's temporarily off now). I didn't have an issue scanning warranties in October and this is one of those huge time saving features for our asset refreshes.

I may re-image my monitoring server (not much is running on it atm) to see if this fixes the issue. It has been a bit of a testbed to start monitoring syslog/SNMP traps throughout the network, with great success.

I want to start utilizing LSPush on my servers for event log scanning. It's nothing critical and I don't need to know about an event with 1 minute of it occuring. I understand this helps a lot, but I'm hesitant to put it onto my servers.

Is there a VNC action with password option? right now I am running: " cmd.exe /K ""\\server.com\c$\Program Files (x86)\Lansweeper\Actions\vncviewer.exe" {smartname}"". I've tried a few switches with no success. I'm not a fan of the Lansweeper included solution for this. I use Boztec VENM and it's fast and easy, but I want Lansweeper to takeover all script/remote action functions.

Is there any best practices I am missing. I modified the login so only a few accounts can login (not all local admins). Is there anything I'm missing. Sorry this is a lot.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
David_G
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
Regarding Dell Warranty, I am happy to provide you with our latest public build which just released today that holds a fix for the Dell Warranty API issue: https://www.lansweeper.com/download/

Additionally, you can also check our Changelog as well.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
David_G
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
Regarding Dell Warranty, I am happy to provide you with our latest public build which just released today that holds a fix for the Dell Warranty API issue: https://www.lansweeper.com/download/

William382
Engaged Sweeper III
David.G wrote:

Good deal! Thanks
CyberCitizen
Honored Sweeper
William382 wrote:
Is the Dell warranty API busted again? I installed this on a PC where Spiceworks was running (it's temporarily off now). I didn't have an issue scanning warranties in October and this is one of those huge time saving features for our asset refreshes.

From what I have read yes, it appears that the DELL API is having issues or has been changed again.

William382 wrote:
I want to start utilizing LSPush on my servers for event log scanning. It's nothing critical and I don't need to know about an event with 1 minute of it occuring. I understand this helps a lot, but I'm hesitant to put it onto my servers.

We have excluded our serves from Lansweeper as they are managed differently and we didn't want staff deploying software to them by accident, however yes you can use LSPUSH to retrieve the information from the servers without needing to install any agents etc on them, same as if you have the correct credentials Lansweeper should be able to scan them without issue and the need for using LSPUSH.

William382 wrote:
Is there a VNC action with password option? right now I am running: " cmd.exe /K ""\\server.com\c$\Program Files (x86)\Lansweeper\Actions\vncviewer.exe" {smartname}"". I've tried a few switches with no success. I'm not a fan of the Lansweeper included solution for this. I use Boztec VENM and it's fast and easy, but I want Lansweeper to takeover all script/remote action functions.

From what I see no, but you also don't need to be mapping the path to the C$ share you can just use {actionpath}vncviewer.exe {smartname}

You can also create your own actions so that if your current solution accepts command lines you can pass the Lansweeper details though, we use TeamViewer, but I have also added an option for IntelliAdmin as it can push the remote agent if it's not installed, so it gives us a backup remote client.

William382 wrote:
Is there any best practices I am missing. I modified the login so only a few accounts can login (not all local admins). Is there anything I'm missing. Sorry this is a lot.

Did you also disable the build in admin option?
{actionpath}vncviewer.exe {smartname}

Yes, I was attempting to use switches using a few different methods. I try to keep as much in action path as possible.

Did you also disable the build in admin option? I did do this.

Thanks for spending the time on your response. I still a lot of features I need to explore and reports to customize!