cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
virtualnik8
Engaged Sweeper
Hi there.

I've got a situation where I need to inventory a lot of different networks and/or PCs on different locations globally.

There is no single connection for all of these scattered PCs and domains, to connect to a centralized LanSweeper server, therefore, I've tested the following:

* Deploy a LanSweeper demo at remote sites to gather inventory
* Export said inventory data
* Import that data into central LanSweeper server for reporting and full visibility of all details on every asset.

Problem: the export/import is lacking 95% of the details that LanSweeper is used for (no PC info, no software information to report on non-compliant OS, Office ,etc.)

The only way I see of achieving this is to deploy LsAgent and have it reply back to the central LanSweeper server via the Cloud instance key, to feed the central LanSweeper server.

Is this the only solution in this use-case?

Has anyone run into this scenario before? If so, what was your method of execution?

Thanks in advance.
2 REPLIES 2
rom
Champion Sweeper III
For the original scenario, when possible, I deploy a remote scanning server and just make sure the remote scan server can talk to the central. Firewall/Connectivity aside, its super easy to do.

https://www.lansweeper.com/knowledgebase/setting-up-an-installation-with-multiple-scanning-servers/

For the cases where that's not possible, and you don't want to go the LSAgent route, you could deploy lspush executable in a login script or something, and have it place the files in a central file share for you to scoop up and import into your LS by simply dropping the files in the import folder on the central server.

https://www.lansweeper.com/knowledgebase/how-to-scan-windows-computers-with-the-lspush-scanning-agen...

Regarding the archiving of assets - Lansweeper has an insane amount of asset information (especially for a windows machine) which also includes history (depending on scanned item interval settings) - in order to archive an asset, you would have to make a report or reports, that have all the information you'd ever want to know. A super-report i guess.

Me personally, I keep all assets if possible - i just mark the asset state appropriately (archived/decommissioned/broken/whatever) that way no information is lost, and they fall off of your normal reporting.

StevenD
Engaged Sweeper II
Hi Virtualnik8. Pardon the resurrection of this old thread, but did you happen to find a solution to this?

I'm interested in something similar: Exporting an asset for archival purposes, but retaining all the information instead of the basic info in the printable report.

Thanks so much!