cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DSenette
Engaged Sweeper
a lot of the other network scanners (like spiceworks) include a helpdesk package that stacks on to the default webpage (so i could give my users http://servername/lansweeper31/helpdesk.htm) to do helpdesk reporting to the IS staff...it would be quite handy and a relatively easy addition.

it could also gather certain information directly from the user that's getting to the helpdesk form such as computer name etc.. since most users won't have that info
11 REPLIES 11
bgrr
Engaged Sweeper III
Hello Geert,

Any progress on the Ticket System ?
If you need any help or if we can do something just let us know 🙂

Greetings Barry
DSenette
Engaged Sweeper
thought of something else...it should obviously be able to do email...at least email the help person that it gets assigned to....then maybe a way to set up some kind of hierarchy for notifications....so if you set your help ticket at level 1 severity the email goes to tech1, and if you set the severity to 2 then it goes to tech2 etc... and maybe some timers...so if an issue is at level1 and hasn't been resolved or checked in X days it automatically emails tech1 to remind them and/or emails tech2 so that the request can be escalated up the chain automatically if no one at a lower level has touched it yet
sbartley
Engaged Sweeper
What about creating a plugin for a exsisting helpdesk for example GLPI witch has a invertoty section and curently works with a simular product to lansweeper called OCS (not as good as lansweeper by a long way)

DSenette
Engaged Sweeper
yeah...tracking a history is a must
ffA
Engaged Sweeper
a fault history for a machine would be good too.

this would allow you to see at a glance all calls against a machine or by a spesifice user for thet matter
DSenette
Engaged Sweeper
well...i'm not using the GPO option....but....there may be something running as the user in question...shouldn't be...given the user in question but i'll find it
DSenette
Engaged Sweeper
none really...there's an odd anomaly where a lot of the computers are showing the same user as the last user logged in...though that may be something on my end not yours hehe....just getting a feel for where everything is still
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
DSenette wrote:
none really...there's an odd anomaly where a lot of the computers are showing the same user as the last user logged in...though that may be something on my end not yours hehe....just getting a feel for where everything is still

This might happen if you use a GPO for lsclient and there is a service running on the computers under a certain user account for which this GPO also applies.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
It's Geert 😉

Which kinks are you still having?