cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
B_L_
Engaged Sweeper III
Hi all
We are in the process of consolidating all our asset managements to lansweeper.
This means that during a couple of months we'll be using the old systems and lansweeper in parallel.

I can easily export assets from the old system to excel/csv.

The problem is I need to do some data transformations in order to import it:
add semicoloms in mac adres, format date, remove currency sign,...

it's all pretty simple, but I'd rather automate it so we can keep doing the input in the old system, do a hourly migration and consult data in lansweeper.
3 REPLIES 3
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
If you have the data in a CSV file, or Excel, you can recreate our improt template and just import it that way. Custom information can be put into the custom asset fields.

If you're more comfortable with SQL scripts, than that might be quicker.
B_L_
Engaged Sweeper III
all the info I add, is info that can not be scanned, order-reference, price, the date we set for retirement, what supportcontract and so on.
A large part of devices are our non-scannable devices: beamers, smartphones, voip devices without snmp, ...

I'll probably go the route of a custom import database script.
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
Unfortunately there is not really an easy way. It's either converting the data to the template you can find in the import assets section of the web console, or try a custom import using database scripts.

The biggest question is if there is a lot or specific information Lansweeper would not be able to scan that you need to import? Otherwise you can just get most of the information by just scanning with Lansweeper.