cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hpdcomputercent
Engaged Sweeper II

Can anyone help me debug this installer script? I am trying to upgrade a bunch of older Win 7 machines to Win 10. We've used this setup as an attended upgrade, one machine at a time, but I need a more efficient way to get these machines updated to Win 10. I deployed the package to a test machine, and it ran to complete, but did absolutely nothing.

1 REPLY 1
MCBowman
Engaged Sweeper II
user9482840 wrote:
Can anyone help me debug this installer script? I am trying to upgrade a bunch of older Win 7 machines to Win 10. We've used this setup as an attended upgrade, one machine at a time, but I need a more efficient way to get these machines updated to Win 10. I deployed the package to a test machine, and it ran to complete, but did absolutely nothing.

I'm testing out this method:
  1. Extract the Windows 10 ISO to a directory on the Packages share
  2. Use this command line in the deployment package: "{PackageShare}\Win10\setup.exe" /auto upgrade /quiet

Have only tried this on a test system, so far. It almost worked. The upgrade rolled back to Windows 7. I'm waiting for it to finish so I can check the logs to see what happened. So, in principal, it should work.

*One day later...*
The upgrade method I used above worked. A few things to note: clear off old user profiles from the computer first. The upgrade wants to touch them all. If the accounts are not needed, remove them. For the remaining profiles, make sure they are all using unique home folders. I ran into an issue where Bob logged in locally, and on the domain with the Bob user account, and somehow both logins were using c:\users\Bob. This caused the upgrade to rollback to Windows 7. Once I cleared one of the profiles from the computer, the upgrade completed successfully.