cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fw0804
Engaged Sweeper
Is there any way to configure a remote client to connect to the lansweeper server over the internet without a VPN? (Of course we'd have to allow that appropriate ports through the firewall).
5 REPLIES 5
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Others that I know of all use a vpn solution to solve this problem.

Hello. I purchased Lansweeper for Inventory AND Help Desk ticketing. I need a way to allow remote users to submit a ticket without being connected to our VPN. Many times, the ticket is saying they can't access the VPN. This was easy to set up with SolarWinds, but I have tried everything I know of can cannot remotely connect to an https connection with Lansweeper. Any help would be appreciated!

Tim_N
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee

Hello @JayCopenhaver 
Instead of using the portal, you might consider configuring incoming emails to create tickets. 
If you have troubles with this, here's an article that walks through a few challenges. Helpdesk ticket not created from incoming email - Lansweeper Community - 65633

Otherwise, here's an article that will walk you through a few options for creating tickets. Receive tickets through the web console, email, API, import - Configuring & Using the Helpdesk - Lan...

Hope this helps. 

Tim N.
Lansweeper Employee
fw0804
Engaged Sweeper
We have a lot of remote users and I want to be able to track our inventory. Inventory isn't very useful if we're only able to capture 50% of the computers at our Company. Is there a security risk associated with connecting outside a vpn to collect information? If so, is there any way to encrypt it? Do you have any other suggestions?
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
The scanning is done by the server, so you will need to do it the other way around.
(most likely you don't want to do this)