cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rokeefe
Engaged Sweeper
Hello,

My first post so I hope I am posting it correctly. We have about 180 Windows 11 computers and both Jan and Feb the Lansweeper Patch report showed approx 1/3 of them need a patch but when we apply the specific patch listed the machines says it is not applicable. This month the specific patch that the report says is needed is KB5010386.

We like using the patch report as a way to verify that patching has been completed but it looks these past two months like it no longer is of value.

Bobby
4 REPLIES 4
sdoty
Engaged Sweeper

Greetings,

I realize this is a slightly older post, but I've been having this problem for a bit now. Every month I update the scripts, search for the new patch being applied, and can have this report tell me what newer systems are up to date. However we also still have W2012R2, 2008 and 2016 still in play on the network, and this report constantly shows those systems out of date, despite going to the boxes and checking manually for updates and finding none available. While this report works great for the newer versions of windows (2019/2022), anything below those versions it leaves a lot to be desired. Does anyone know of a way to keep this report from falsely reporting patch needs on older boxes?

Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee

The report matches based on KB patch installed. So You can compare the ones the report checks for with the ones scanned on the asset and the ones you've checked to installed

NickP
Engaged Sweeper
Microsoft constantly patch their patches. You will find that the LANsweeper report for Windows Updates will be out of date within a week or so if MS release a newer cumulative update.

I have to amend and adjust the report constantly when i realise some machines are constantly showing as out of date.

You can use the MS site : https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Home.aspx to check your updates, it will show you if they have been superseded.

🙂
rokeefe
Engaged Sweeper
UPDATE

The March report does not seem to have this problem as we hit 100% up to date the first date. I just hope we can trust this report.

Bobby