cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MB1
Engaged Sweeper III
Is there a known issue with the leak of network buffers in Lansweeper? The Lansweeper server has the problem after about 14 days that no TCP connections, no matter which program, are possible. For example, putty say "Network Error: no buffer space available". After restarting the Lanserver service, connections are possible again. The version of Lansweeper is 6.0.130.40
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Todd
Engaged Sweeper III

I worked with support and they had me do the following which so far has resolved the issue (so far as in the past 2 days)

• Go to Scanning\Scanned item interval in the web console
  • Disable the following:
    • PNPSIGNEDDRIVERS
    • PRINTERDRIVERS
    • SYSTEMDRIVERS

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Todd
Engaged Sweeper III

I know this is from 4 years ago, but I am now having the same exact issue and not sure where to go from here.  

j_diaz
Lansweeper Tech Support
Lansweeper Tech Support

Hello Todd, have you tried to run the netstat command provided by @MB1 above? 

Todd
Engaged Sweeper III

I worked with support and they had me do the following which so far has resolved the issue (so far as in the past 2 days)

• Go to Scanning\Scanned item interval in the web console
  • Disable the following:
    • PNPSIGNEDDRIVERS
    • PRINTERDRIVERS
    • SYSTEMDRIVERS
j_diaz
Lansweeper Tech Support
Lansweeper Tech Support

Yes, we're investigating reports that querying Win32_SystemDrivers can cause a performance impact on the scanning server and the scanned system in some circumstances.

David_G
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
Thank you for sharing your solution with us!
MB1
Engaged Sweeper III
Solution: netstat -qno is my friend. The process that eat the socked buffer is "swi_fc.exe" from the SOPHOS Endpoint Protection. The process try to connect a Proxy-Server which is not permitted on the firewall. So it's not a problem of Lansweeper
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
If you've found evidence that it is Lansweeper related. I would suggest sending an email to our support team so they can help you further and if need be create a bug report.
fjca
Champion Sweeper II
I would check the ephemeral port range, maybe something/somebody could have changed that:

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/clinth/2013/08/09/detecting-ephemeral-port-exhaustion/

The standard range of 16.000 should be more than enough for Lansweeper operation, but that depends on your setup, of course... on my setup, with ~9000 machines and a single server, I have 180 connections open right now, not running any schedule scans...

If you want a GUI tool, you have TCPView, but that is getting a little old :

https://docs.microsoft.com/pt-pt/sysinternals/downloads/tcpview

This will shown active TCP/UDP connections, but that error may (*MAY*) indicate another issue...
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
Personally, I've not seen any reports of issues related to network buffers.

I recommend taking a look at this discussion: https://serverfault.com/questions/131935/network-error-no-buffer-space-available

It might be someone else holding your network buffers without releasing them.