cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cmullins
Engaged Sweeper III
All of our known working Deployments are now failing after I upgraded the Server yesterday afternoon.
The Deployment log failure indicates an issue with the RemoteDeployment_x64.exe file not running.
However, this file DOES NOT EXIST in that Directory, but the RemoteDeployment 86.exe does.

I made a copy of the RemoteDesktop_x86.exe file and renamed it with the x64, but they are still failing.

Any suggestions? PLEASE SEE ATTACHED
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
darcon
Engaged Sweeper
Chrisy Mullins wrote:
All of our known working Deployments are now failing after I upgraded the Server yesterday afternoon.
The Deployment log failure indicates an issue with the RemoteDeployment_x64.exe file not running.
However, this file DOES NOT EXIST in that Directory, but the RemoteDeployment 86.exe does.

I made a copy of the RemoteDesktop_x86.exe file and renamed it with the x64, but they are still failing.

I had the same issue today and found that Sophos was removing the RemoteDeployment_x64 file. I had to add an exclusion to get it working again.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
darcon
Engaged Sweeper
Chrisy Mullins wrote:

I had the same issue today and found that Sophos was removing the RemoteDeployment_x64 file. I had to add an exclusion to get it working again.

Internal-IT
Engaged Sweeper II
Hi Chrisy,

in my petty opinion, Lansweeper has a quality problem with the last update. Maybe too many new functions at once?

By the way: I checked our installation and I have a RemoteDeployment_x64.exe with 548 KB and the File version: 9, 1, 0, 0

If you want I can send you our file, or you install Lansweeper on a temporary client and copy the file down.

Best,
Stefan
cmullins
Engaged Sweeper III
SPG IT wrote:
Hi Chrisy,

in my petty opinion, Lansweeper has a quality problem with the last update. Maybe too many new functions at once?

By the way: I checked our installation and I have a RemoteDeployment_x64.exe with 548 KB and the File version: 9, 1, 0, 0

If you want I can send you our file, or you install Lansweeper on a temporary client and copy the file down.

Best,
Stefan

Thank you. I was able to find a copy of the file on my Laptop, copied it up to the Server and that resolved the issue.