cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Casslloyd
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee

Available now, new for Lansweeper customers using cloud, our user guide instructs you  on how to first create a MSFT PBI application in Lansweeper to authenticate and authorise and then supplies the query needed to make the API call to return Lansweeper data to their MSFT PBI multi-dimensional database. For ease of getting started, we are also supplying a basic template (available to download from user guide) so that you can be quickly visualising the data in MSFT PBI.

By making Lansweeper data accessible alongside other company data in Power BI, you can more easily track and analyse key trends and KPIs across your organization to:

• Blend technology and user data with other data sources, such as finance, payroll, HR, customer service and more.
  • Answer complex business questions that require the combination of multiple inputs from business units across the organization.
  • Enrich Lansweeper’s data with additional fields relevant for classification analysis.
  • Improve data visualization to see and analyse trends quickly and easily.

This is very much our starting point for any Lansweeper customer who would like to connect Lansweeper data to their MSFT PBI database. Whether you use the cloud or desktop version of PowerBI, the guide provides step-by-step instructions for importing, setting up, and configuring the dashboard templates, and exporting Lansweeper data to Power BI using our API.

If you have question, or feedback please join this conversation.

4 REPLIES 4
BICOVDS
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee

@CCC  We are looking into this and will get back as soon as possible

Nicolas Van Den Steen
Technology Alliance Partner Manager
nicolas.van.den.steen@lansweeper.com
CCC
Engaged Sweeper II

For anyone who might be interested. Here's an update.

The support team replied back. Suggesting I try the Cloud pagination API method as instructed here: 
https://docs.lansweeper.com/docs/api/use-cases/powerbi#creating-dashboard-in-power-bi-using-lansweep...

That method works, even the PowerBI Service auto refresh for the datasets.

Casslloyd
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee

Thanks @CCC  for the sharing your experience. I believe that you have raised a support ticket with us for this issue and that we are working with you to resolve what looks like to be refresh issue on the PBI side (still to be confirmed). Certainly we will update our documentation as needed (or make it clearer) with the great feedback that we are receiving, like yours. 

CCC
Engaged Sweeper II

Hi, 

This feature is very useful to us.
I followed your entire guide twice. Yet I am not able to have the dataset refreshed in PowerBI Service.

I get the error in PowerBI saying: The credentials provided for the Web source are invalid.
I opened a support ticket about this, and they contacted your external integration team: Data Crest.
Turns out I had supplied the ENTIRE Export URL instead of just the Base URL (https://lec....aws.com). That solution worked for 1 on demand refresh. Every subsequent automatic daily refreshed failed since then.
I sent in another ticket about this, but I thought I'd also try my luck here.

Anybody else having the same issue?