cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
assistenza_edp
Engaged Sweeper II
hi all!
Every day I get an email with the subject: Lansweeper Connection Test Email.
I can not find where to disable it it's possible?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Bert_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
Hi,

Are you restarting your Lansweeper server every day?

The reason Lansweeper sends out a test email, is to verify if your smtp settings are correct.

This should happen only once =>
If your email is filled in under 'Configuartion>E-mail settings' (Helpdesk) AND when the Lansweeper service is started/rebooted.

Or you can manually trigger it by pressing the 'test' button on the Configuration->Email Alerts page like explained by fjca

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Bert_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
Hi,

The reason Lansweeper sends out a test email, is to verify if your smtp settings are correct.

If your email is filled in under 'Configuartion>E-mail settings' (Helpdesk) AND when the Lansweeper service is started/rebooted.

Or you can manually trigger it by pressing the 'test' button on the Configuration->Email Alerts page like explained by fjca

Bert.D wrote:
Hi,

Yes, i realized now (i rebooted few minutes the server for other reasons) that the email i receive post reboot and every night is a scheduled reboot.

thanks to the information I found the point where you have configured your email (Helpdesk Settings-> Email Settings-> Email account-> Edit E-mail account.

Thank you so much for the support , it was not anything blocking but I did not understand why!
fjca
Champion Sweeper II
Email reports are on Configuration->Email Alerts, on that page, after the SMTP config, there is a button there sends those email tests.

Do you get it every day, at the same time ? Is there a report attached, or just plain text ?

Maybe someone copied that email subject, made a report with that name, and configured as a scheduled email ? A bit far fetched, I know ... And in that case the Subject should be "[REP] Lansweeper Connection Test Email", not just "Lansweeper Connection Test Email"...

Besides that, maybe a LS bug ? I now that are issues with email reporting, when I upgraded from 5.x to 6 email reporting has not working, I had to convert all my configured reports "Alert Type" field to Directory and them back to E-mail so they would get get going...

Well, there is also the possibility that someone is going to that page and pressing the "Test" button...