cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zpalmer
Engaged Sweeper
I'm trying to switch my LS installation over from a server based SQL database to a local one. I'm using the guide found HERE (I am also switching from IIS express to IIS) When I run the setup file I don't see an option under "advanced install" to select a Local DB, I just see SQL server and SQL compact. The only thing I can think of is I'm using an older installer as our organization isn't ready to update yet so the installer is for Version 7.1.117.4. Am I missing something that would allow for me to install the local DB?

EDIT:

I've since realized that you can just select "SQL server" and have it point to the local host...

I think I need to take a vacation, my brain has stopped working...

2 REPLIES 2
PeterJG
Champion Sweeper II
Zachary Palmer wrote:
I'm trying to switch my LS installation over from a server based SQL database to a local one. I'm using the guide found HERE (I am also switching from IIS express to IIS) When I run the setup file I don't see an option under "advanced install" to select a Local DB, I just see SQL server and SQL compact. The only thing I can think of is I'm using an older installer as our organization isn't ready to update yet so the installer is for Version 7.1.117.4. Am I missing something that would allow for me to install the local DB?

EDIT:

I've since realized that you can just select "SQL server" and have it point to the local host...

use the move database tool provided inside lansweeper installation directory.
PeterG wrote:
Zachary Palmer wrote:

EDIT:

use the move database tool provided inside lansweeper installation directory.

Are we talking about the DatabaseMaintenance.exe program in the Lansweeper\Tools Directory? That tool doesn't appear to have a "move database option" Am I looking at the wrong thing?