cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ilikeike
Engaged Sweeper
Just like the title says. Every single minute, Lansweeper sends an email titled "Lansweeper Connection Test." We managed to get 5400 emails in the last 3 days. The only thing that stopped it was removing the email account. This has been going on since the email account was enabled, any ideas what is causing this?
Lansweeper is version v. 10.1.1.0
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
FrankSc
Lansweeper Tech Support
Lansweeper Tech Support
Hi,
The "Test Connection" mails are sent when there is a suspicion of a bad connection with the mail account. Lansweeper pulls the account frequently and when the connection fails during the pulls the mails are sent out to test the connection.
Please check your account or mail server to see if connections are being refused.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
RebelSys
Engaged Sweeper

It happend to me when I disabled the account used for mail authentication (I wanted to make it a shared account). 

Enabling the account again and the flow of test mails stopped.

FrankSc
Lansweeper Tech Support
Lansweeper Tech Support
Hi,
The "Test Connection" mails are sent when there is a suspicion of a bad connection with the mail account. Lansweeper pulls the account frequently and when the connection fails during the pulls the mails are sent out to test the connection.
Please check your account or mail server to see if connections are being refused.

FranSc, please explain "pulls the account".  What is the actual process that Lansweeper uses to check the email account?  This information would be very beneficial to us when troubleshooting these "connection error" instances.