cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
crustachio
Engaged Sweeper II
Hi, I'm trying to open Lansweeper from an iPad since I carry mine around throughout the day and prefer it to my laptop for some tasks. However, when I try to access Lansweeper on my iPad, the page just continually attempts to load and takes forever to come up completely. When I open the Lansweeper URL, I get prompted for my login credentials in my browser almost immediately, but then it takes a good 5 minutes (no exaggeration) for the page to load. Then clicking any link (such as My Tickets) takes several more minutes, even if there is not much content to be loaded.

I've tried in Chrome and Safari both, on an iPad Pro 10.5" on good, fast Wifi with full access permissions to the Lansweeper server. Also happens on my coworker's iPad the same as mine.

Any ideas?

Thanks.
5 REPLIES 5
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
Got to test it at home. It worked just fine in my test. However, this was just a quick local setup at my house with a pretty much empty Lansweeper installation.

What you could try is some maintenance tasks for Lansweeper to see if that helps.

Some database maintenance
Reinstalling the web console
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
Is it something new or has this been an issue for a while. Just trying to see if this might be version specific. Maybe caching might be a cause. I don't know if you've tried a fresh iPad or not.

I can try to reproduce the issue at home with my iPad pro there. Unfortunately, since this seems mobile specific I'm not sure I can do much about it.
crustachio
Engaged Sweeper II
Charles.X wrote:
Is it something new or has this been an issue for a while. Just trying to see if this might be version specific. Maybe caching might be a cause. I don't know if you've tried a fresh iPad or not.

I can try to reproduce the issue at home with my iPad pro there. Unfortunately, since this seems mobile specific I'm not sure I can do much about it.

Yes, we have tried on and off for a long time, across different Lansweeper versions, with multiple iPads. Would be curious to see your results on a completely different LS instance.
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
Does this also happen on other devices or is this limited to tablets?

Unfortunately, the web console isn't really optimized for mobile devices. I don't know if you've tried to force the browser to use the desktop website version (even though the web console doesn't have a mobile webiste version).
crustachio
Engaged Sweeper II
Charles.X wrote:
Does this also happen on other devices or is this limited to tablets?

Unfortunately, the web console isn't really optimized for mobile devices. I don't know if you've tried to force the browser to use the desktop website version (even though the web console doesn't have a mobile webiste version).

Laptops on wifi work fine, no issues accessing Lansweeper, but mobile devices all have the same trouble.
The force desktop view suggestion was a good one but unfortunately it didn't help either.