cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NoraD
Engaged Sweeper II
Hi

I have a problem when I try to track Microsoft Apps with several versions installed in the same PC where only must count the last license.
I have grouped the distint software version as shown in this link: http://www.lansweeper.com/kb/104/managing-software-licenses.html, without result because the software track count each instance like one license.

Any idea??

Thanks a lot

PD. Lansweeper is an excelent tool!!. Good job...
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
The compliance module simply can't deal with these situations for now. This feature will be added in a future release, but we do not have a release date for it.

If you add multiple versions of the same software to the compliance module, each installation of each software version will be counted as 1 license "in use". There is no way to tell the compliance module to only count the latest version of the software on each machine.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Daniel_B
Lansweeper Alumni
We are planning an overhaul of the license compliance module after the full release of our helpdesk. This likely still is going to take a while. For the moment we don't have a release plan yet. The Beta version of our helpdesk is going to be released soon.
NoraD
Engaged Sweeper II
Hi

Any idea when this feature will be available ?

Thanks!!
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
The compliance module simply can't deal with these situations for now. This feature will be added in a future release, but we do not have a release date for it.

If you add multiple versions of the same software to the compliance module, each installation of each software version will be counted as 1 license "in use". There is no way to tell the compliance module to only count the latest version of the software on each machine.