cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mattgbarnes
Engaged Sweeper
Hello!

Today, I logged into our Lansweeper web console to find most of the dashboard items are broken with the error "This is a marker file generated by the precompilation tool, and should not be deleted!". I've tried reinstalling the just the website but it did not fix the issue. Has anyone else run into this?

I'm running it on Server 2008 R2 with IIS Express 8.0 and SQL on a back end server.

Thanks!
Matt
3 REPLIES 3
Notonyourradar
Engaged Sweeper III
Thats great for IIS - how would you fix this for IIS Express?
Bleonard
Engaged Sweeper
mattgbarnes wrote:
Hello!

Today, I logged into our Lansweeper web console to find most of the dashboard items are broken with the error "This is a marker file generated by the precompilation tool, and should not be deleted!". I've tried reinstalling the just the website but it did not fix the issue. Has anyone else run into this?

I'm running it on Server 2008 R2 with IIS Express 8.0 and SQL on a back end server.

Thanks!
Matt

Matt - I encountered similar issue with v7.1.50.1 and Windows Server 2008 R2. Our fix was within IIS, not Lansweeper.
The steps that resolved for us (and this may not work for everyone):
1. On your Lansweeper server, launch IIS
2. In the left pane, expand the server name, then left-mouse click on Application Pools
3. In the middle pane, left-mouse click on the Lansweeper AppPool
4. In the far-right pane open Advanced Settings (under Edit Application Pool)
5. In the second row under General - option Enable 32-bit Applications - set to TRUE if is false
6. Recycle the app pool (far-right pane under Application Pool Tasks

Hope this helps!
mattgbarnes
Engaged Sweeper
I should add that these are widgets that are giving this error and are broken. Some are still working like Windows Domain Overview.