cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
WANOLOIS
Engaged Sweeper II
Hi,

LsAgent doesn't seem to recognise the domain on Azure AD joined laptops, and displays the logged on user as WORKGROUP\username.

Is there a way to correct this or will LsAgent fix this in the future and recognise the device and users are part of an Azure AD domain?

Thanks!
4 REPLIES 4
dwinters2022
Engaged Sweeper II

Hello! We are migrating to Autopilot and Intune and joining our devices to AzureAD. 
This will make Lansweeper not very useable for us if it can't see these machines anymore...

KrisK
Lansweeper Tech Support
Lansweeper Tech Support

Hello,

This problem should have been resolved in Lansweeper version 10.3 and higher. It is assumed to be LAN-13956 in our changelog (https://www.lansweeper.com/changelog/ ).

If you would still encounter this problem with the latest version, please contact Support@lansweeper.com.

Thanks! 

Faros
Engaged Sweeper

Hi,

I would like to know if you managed to solve this problem, or if the Lansweeper support helped with a solution, because I am facing the same error with my device

Thanks

Marcus
Engaged Sweeper
WANOLOIS wrote:
Hi,

LsAgent doesn't seem to recognise the domain on Azure AD joined laptops, and displays the logged on user as WORKGROUP\username.

Is there a way to correct this or will LsAgent fix this in the future and recognise the device and users are part of an Azure AD domain?

Thanks!

Hey, we have this issue too. Our estate is modern and we are looking to Drop all domain controllers this year. I approached support looking for a way to MAP the user.name from the /workgroup user and 365 sync user.

Support unfortunately said no. Hopefully, they consider this soon!

Hello Marcus,

Thank you for contacting Lansweeper support!

Currently, the only relationships you can set are
assets to users
assets to other assets
You cannot create user relations or map local users to domain users.
Users are believed to be unique (like in Windows you have a unique SID for users) and there is no mechanism in our application to link these.

Kind regards,