cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee

This deployment package can be used to silently deploy the new LsAgent to assets in your network.

To ensure you can use this package, you must meet the following requirements:

To deploy the package, do the following:

• Download the Windows installer from https://www.lansweeper.com/download/lsagent/
  • Put the installer in the following directory: Program Files (x86)\Lansweeper\PackageShare\Installers
  • Modify package step 1 and add the FQDN, NetBIOS or IP of your scanning server for a direct server connection. Add the your unique LsAgent key which can be found in Scanning\Cloud Relay Configuration for using the relay.

LsAgent will first try a direct server connection. Should it fail, it will use the relay to get the information to Lansweeper. Optionally, you can modify the package to use either direct server connection only or relay server only by removing the parameter of the connection type you do not want to use.

Here is an overview of all parameters available for the LsAgent installer:

13 REPLIES 13
bbeavis
Engaged Sweeper III
To help out any other boneheads like myself, be sure to only put the executable in the "Install File" field. Then put the parameters in the "Parameters" field.

If you put the entire command, including parameters, into the "Install File" field then you you probably get the incorrect function error.
DJSMC
Engaged Sweeper
Yes where do you put the XML file? No instructions on what to do with it other that to edit the FQDN and cloud relay!!!
David_Goodwin
Engaged Sweeper II
We found on some machines that if .NET was not installed (or somehow broken) it caused installation issues. Odd that a couple of our machines did not have a decent version installed. We do still occasionally see a few incorrect functions.

Used NDP472-KB4054530-x86-x64-AllOS-ENU.exe and rebooted the machines before deploying LSAgent.

Maybe it will help some since the silent agent install does not check/install .NET before installation.
kelloggfan
Engaged Sweeper
what did I miss? where do you put the edited XML file? in the same folder as the install file?
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
If you do get stuck trying to deploy LsAgent, it's bet you contact our support team for technical support.
Roger_Mihalko
Engaged Sweeper
it failed with incorrect function with that change. thanks for trying.

10/12/2018 12:47:28 PB-MXL7253FKY LsAgent for Windows Roger S. Mihalko 1 2 System Account Result: Deployment ended: Incorrect function. Stop(Failure). Credential: (x). ShareCredential: (x).
Command: "\\it-lansweeper\DefaultPackageShare$\Installers\LsAgent-windows.exe" --mode unattended --server it-lansweeper --agentkey xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx 6.0.230.4
Roger_Mihalko
Engaged Sweeper
"{PackageShare}\DefaultPackageShare$\Installers\LsAgent-windows.exe"--mode unattended --server it-lansweeper --agentkey xxxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxc9a29

Result: Deployment ended: Incorrect function. Stop(Failure). Credential: (xxx). ShareCredential: (xxx).
Command: "\\it-lansweeper\DefaultPackageShare$\DefaultPackageShare$\Installers\LsAgent-windows.exe"--mode unattended --server it-lansweeper --agentkey xxxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxc9a29

I keep getting the incorrect function error also.

when I run the base command it pops up the agent screen so I know it can find the file. --Mode and beyond dont work at all.

any ideas?
Roger Mihalko wrote:
"{PackageShare}\DefaultPackageShare$\Installers\LsAgent-windows.exe"--mode unattended --server it-lansweeper --agentkey xxxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxc9a29

Result: Deployment ended: Incorrect function. Stop(Failure). Credential: (xxx). ShareCredential: (xxx).
Command: "\\it-lansweeper\DefaultPackageShare$\DefaultPackageShare$\Installers\LsAgent-windows.exe"--mode unattended --server it-lansweeper --agentkey xxxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxc9a29

I keep getting the incorrect function error also.

when I run the base command it pops up the agent screen so I know it can find the file. --Mode and beyond dont work at all.

any ideas?

Try removing the "-" from your key. That was preventing us from using it. Didn't even notice the "-" for a while.
fpd2dc
Engaged Sweeper II
I found a couple of mistakes i made and got locally to come up to i stall prompr. I then got it to deploy on that same pc from the consoles.

Waiting to see now ifscheduled pc's deployed overnight.