cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
marck1024
Engaged Sweeper III
The Rescan Asset task on the asset page is used quite a bit by IT staff to pick up changes they just made to the asset. I'm looking for ways to tighten up security and it has been noted that if LSAgent is used, administrative credentials are no longer needed by the scanning server. When LSagent is in use, is the Rescan Asset option smart enough that it will ask the agent to do a rescan instead of trying to do it the old way, which would require the scanning server to still hold administrative credentials?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
marck1024
Engaged Sweeper III
I checked with support and confirmed. Rescan Asset won't take advantage of LSAgent. If admin credentials are not available to the scanning server, Rescan Asset cannot be used.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
marck1024
Engaged Sweeper III
I checked with support and confirmed. Rescan Asset won't take advantage of LSAgent. If admin credentials are not available to the scanning server, Rescan Asset cannot be used.
brandon_jones
Champion Sweeper III
The lsagent is supposed to run with no credentials. It scan the asset and uploads the data to the Lansweeper server. The IP scans are the ones that use the credentials that have been setup in the Lansweeper configuration.

This is from Lansweeper's site: https://www.lansweeper.com/knowledgebase/lsagent/

"A program that automatically collects an inventory from the computer it's installed on and sends the data back to your Lansweeper installation, either directly or through our relay server in the cloud. Data is securely sent to the relay server over HTTPS (TLS 1.2), stored in an encrypted format and deleted once a scanning server has retrieved it."
I understand how LSAgent normally works. It runs once a day and uploads the results to the scan server, either directly or through the relay server.

What I was asking about is the "Rescan Asset" task that someone can run to manually from administration console scan an asset. Either it will be smart enough to ask LSAgent to do an immediate scan, or it would try to scan the old way by connecting with credentials. I'm hoping it's the former, but feat it is the latter.