cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
d_i_saunders
Engaged Sweeper III
Just a question regarding the lsclient version..

Our build contains lsclient (4.1.0.3) and a call to the file during the logon.. We haven't changed this version in a while as it needs to be pushed to over 6000 workstations..

My question is, running lsclient 4.x and a server version of 5.3.x is this going to cause issues?

Are we missing any features?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Daniel_B
Lansweeper Alumni
This version of LsClient still is the most recent one. LsClient is a very small application which does nothing more than triggering a scan from your scanning server. For licensed installations, in most cases LsPush will be the better alternative as it performs a full scan and returns the compressed result file to your Lansweeper server using direct server connection, file share or mail. This helps to resolve issues caused by Firewalls and strongly decreases the network traffic.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Daniel_B
Lansweeper Alumni
@Bellar: Your question might be better answered in a separate topic as it is more related to scanning errors. These are covered in this KB article by the way. Could you start a new forum topic if you need advice on this.

@d.i.saunders: Please note that LsClient will trigger scans over the network which will cause a larger amount of data transferred for each single scan (around 1MB per computer, 4-6MB for an initial scan). LsPush needs to be transferred once to the computer and afterwards only sends back a result file of 40-100kB back to your Lansweeper server or any file share.
Bellar
Engaged Sweeper
Hello,

I use Lansweeper application on our network. We OS : Never scanned OS (211).
Can anyone handling I always : Computer is offline or firewalled
Daniel_B
Lansweeper Alumni
This version of LsClient still is the most recent one. LsClient is a very small application which does nothing more than triggering a scan from your scanning server. For licensed installations, in most cases LsPush will be the better alternative as it performs a full scan and returns the compressed result file to your Lansweeper server using direct server connection, file share or mail. This helps to resolve issues caused by Firewalls and strongly decreases the network traffic.
Daniel.B wrote:

We looked at this and for 6000 its to much data.. Around 300mb

We use a scheduled task, with random start time to collect the date..

thanks for a response on the main point..

New to Lansweeper?

Try Lansweeper For Free

Experience Lansweeper with your own data.

Try Now