cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
epatterson
Engaged Sweeper
I have sent this issue into Support as well. But, thought I would reach out to see if anyone else is seeing the same behavior.

I am having an issue with machines not scanning and receiving an Access Denied error upon failure. We use a hybrid of LS Agent, for remote users, and automated scanning from the server for machines attached to the domain. I noticed the issue when scanning in a newly built machine, as it was not scanning in. I then started checking other machines and found that I have 225 Access Denied errors when scanning. I have double checked the Global id we use and its credentials are correct.

As a test, I have tried scanning a machine prior to installing our AV with the same result of not being scanned. Additionally, I removed the most recent Windows update(s), also with the same results. This is occurring on both Windows 10 and 11 machines. After removing a couple of Windows updates, the machine does scan into the system. However, most of its information does not come through. Only the most basic. Not the information that needs WMI access.

Has anyone else had a similar issue? For reference, here is the log from a connection test from the LanSweeper server.
I have blanked out certain fields.

Scanning Lansweeper Service (on this machine)..
Version: 9.2.10.1

Pinging *******
Ping ok.

Scanning TCP ports..
135 open (EPMAP)
139 open (NetBIOS Session Service)
445 open (SMB)

Checking DNS..
******** resolved to: **************
If this is not correct, please check for DNS problems.

Checking reverse DNS..
***********:
*********.********.com

Scanning netbios (UDP)..
Computername: **********
Domain: *********

Scanning netbios (445)..
Could not scan netbios

Scanning Active Directory..
operatingSystem: Windows 11 Pro
operatingSystemVersion: 10.0 (22000)

Scanning WMI..
Access is denied, please check your credentials.

Checking C$ Access
Deployment Folder: OK
Access Rights: OK

Checking Task Scheduler

Could not edit Registry to scan Kerberos errors
4 REPLIES 4
bobby123
Engaged Sweeper

Hello,

We are having the same exact connection test results for about 10% of our desktops.  What was your solution?

Thank you

Bob

epatterson
Engaged Sweeper
I know that recently we have made some changes to our AV. I do have another member of our staff looking into that. I did check Windows Defender to make sure that the ICMP traffic is allowed and also made sure the RPC correction has been run. The odd thing is this is occurring on new and previously scanned machines. And, with Windows 10 and 11 OS.

I may need to look into the AV exceptions that need to be checked more deeply. It's possible SentinelOne needs to be set differently than our previous AV did.
there is a lansweeper.vbs script (I think that's the name) offered by Lansweeper to automatically configure firewall ports, etc. I run it on any system that fails, works perfectly.
https://www.lansweeper.com/files/lansweeper.vbs

Eric Patterson wrote:
I know that recently we have made some changes to our AV. I do have another member of our staff looking into that. I did check Windows Defender to make sure that the ICMP traffic is allowed and also made sure the RPC correction has been run. The odd thing is this is occurring on new and previously scanned machines. And, with Windows 10 and 11 OS.

I may need to look into the AV exceptions that need to be checked more deeply. It's possible SentinelOne needs to be set differently than our previous AV did.

KevinA-REJIS
Champion Sweeper II
Did you make the needed exceptions in Windows Firewall (or your AV's firewall)?

We use McAfee Firewall with the exceptions, and I've found that even though McAfee is supposed to disable Windows Firewall when it's installed, it doesn't always do it. I have to disable McAfee Firewall, disable Windows Firewall, then re-enable McAfee Firewall and scanning works.