cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Alan_LS
Engaged Sweeper II
I need to move my Lansweeper from one host to another host.

I have a few questions before I start the migration.

1. Can I using back the old Lansweeper name on the new host after the migration is completed? Is there any impact?
2. If cannot be done, how does the existing LsAgent communicate to the new host?

Thank you
4 REPLIES 4
Alan_LS
Engaged Sweeper II
Hi cswroe,

I wonder how the LsAgent reports to the new lansweeper with the different server name. Do you need to specifically configure the LsAgent or the LsAgent automatically reporting to the new Lansweeper server?
cswroe
Engaged Sweeper II
Alan_LS wrote:
Hi cswroe,

I wonder how the LsAgent reports to the new lansweeper with the different server name. Do you need to specifically configure the LsAgent or the LsAgent automatically reporting to the new Lansweeper server?

For my Cloud Relay devices, when I went to configure, it did bring the previous Could Relay Key, so it must be tied to the Lansweeper license.

For the other devices, they are using IP, and that address was assigned to the new server despite having a different username.

I automatically thought Cloud Relay when you said LsAgent, so may have led you astray.
cswroe
Engaged Sweeper II
I just recently moved to a new server without issue. I was a little worried about the LSAgent but when I activated it on the new server, it picked up the correct key. I ended up using a different server name and it seemed to work fine, so assuming that the same name would be easier, or just as easy.
kaos29205
Engaged Sweeper
I have the same issue the server that host my lansweeper services is running v. 8.0.130.35 with an old version of dot net and my company will not let me update dot net. I would like to move every thing to new server and restore it back so i can keep all of my setting but i'm not sure if this can be done. If i find something I will post it.