cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shawn
Engaged Sweeper II
I am trying to make sure all my IP Locations get mappings so that I don't have any items listed under Undefined for IP Location Overview.

When I click on "undefined" for IP Locations, most of the assets are monitors. I have some computers but I know how to map and clean those up. But how do I get LAN sweeper to map and auto populate the monitor asset IPlocation field so I can clean this up?
7 REPLIES 7
shawn
Engaged Sweeper II
Are you talking about this section at the bottom of the config page? And if so, does removing monitors from here affect anywhere else in LAN Sweeper? I want to still track and manage monitors.
DontByteMe
Engaged Sweeper III
Shawn Lyman wrote:
Are you talking about this section at the bottom of the config page? And if so, does removing monitors from here affect anywhere else in LAN Sweeper? I want to still track and manage monitors.

No in the IP Range locations, the first section. I will try to look through my whole config to see more details but it should be in the IP Range locations section leave the monitors in the asset group location so you can still manage and monitor them.
shawn
Engaged Sweeper II
On the default dashboard there is a section called IP Locations Overview and the top of the list is the Undefined count. If I click on Undefined it takes me to the list of everything with out a defined IP Location. Not "Location". For devices with an IP, I then map a new IP range to define a new IP Location and then they are no longer defined. But for monitors, there is no IP so the IP Mapping of course has no affect on those assets.

1. I don't understand the point of monitor assets being included in IP Locations.
2. If they are going to be included, they should follow the IP Location of the device they are attached to if that device has an IP address that would be mapped to an IP Location.

I have well over 600 monitors and don't want to do something manual for each one. For now it just sits in this undefined list but would really like to clean it up.
DontByteMe
Engaged Sweeper III
Shawn Lyman wrote:
On the default dashboard there is a section called IP Locations Overview and the top of the list is the Undefined count. If I click on Undefined it takes me to the list of everything with out a defined IP Location. Not "Location". For devices with an IP, I then map a new IP range to define a new IP Location and then they are no longer defined. But for monitors, there is no IP so the IP Mapping of course has no affect on those assets.

1. I don't understand the point of monitor assets being included in IP Locations.
2. If they are going to be included, they should follow the IP Location of the device they are attached to if that device has an IP address that would be mapped to an IP Location.

I have well over 600 monitors and don't want to do something manual for each one. For now it just sits in this undefined list but would really like to clean it up.

So on my page I do not have undefined for the monitors because I removed that from the config setup. However I do still have them located under that list in the Dynamic Asset Group under Non-Active. The only thing I left are actual servers and computer stations with an IP address. The images are to help see what can be done. Hope this helps you.
initram
Engaged Sweeper II
Shawn Lyman wrote:

I agree 100%. it should automatically be configured to follow the IP Location of the device they are attached to. Did you ever find a solution for this?
shawn
Engaged Sweeper II
DontByteMe wrote:

So on my page I do not have undefined for the monitors because I removed that from the config setup. However I do still have them located under that list in the Dynamic Asset Group under Non-Active. The only thing I left are actual servers and computer stations with an IP address. The images are to help see what can be done. Hope this helps you.

Well I think it could help. But when I click on Config, that is just what takes me to the mapping section where I can map an IP range like your image shows. I do that for devices with IP so they get mapped automatically. But I don't see a way to exclude monitors here so they don't show in the IP Locations Overview widget.
DontByteMe
Engaged Sweeper III
Shawn Lyman wrote:
I am trying to make sure all my IP Locations get mappings so that I don't have any items listed under Undefined for IP Location Overview.

When I click on "undefined" for IP Locations, most of the assets are monitors. I have some computers but I know how to map and clean those up. But how do I get LAN sweeper to map and auto populate the monitor asset IPlocation field so I can clean this up?

Hello,

Where exactly are you looking at this? If you went to the sub menu Monitor under Assets you should see what the monitors are connected to if you have a master list of each computer and their location you should be able to go to that monitor profile and click on the menu location under the Monitor Name and add a location to change it from being undefined. You can edit it to state it has the same IP as the computer to make it easy.

New to Lansweeper?

Try Lansweeper For Free

Experience Lansweeper with your own data.

Try Now