cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sharpsm
Engaged Sweeper
I've noticed with the latest install of Firefox that the plug-in will not work. For example, whenever I choose any AD functions such as Reset Password, Unlock User, etc. Firefox will prompt me to install the plug-in even though it is already installed and enabled. I have tried reinstalling the plug-in with no success. I'm just wondering if others are having the same problem and if there is a fix yet. Thanks!!

Computer specs:

Win 7 Pro 64 bit
Lansweeper version: 6.0.0.51
Mozilla Firefox version: 52.0
3 REPLIES 3
mikeNDF
Engaged Sweeper II
Firefox does have a version that does support NPAPI plugins.

https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/organizations/

Karel_DS
Champion Sweeper III
Google Chrome has already disallowed older plugins for over a year, and Firefox recently did the same. We've made an updated plugin for both, but for Firefox this will only be available starting version 6.0.0.60 (which is still in beta). We hope to officially release this version soon, but for now if you really need custom actions you'll have to temporarily use an alternate web browser (Internet Explorer, Google Chrome).

A plugin will always be required due to the way current web browsers work and shield user data. Internet Explorer had (now deemed unsafe) Active X which allowed direct access to files and programs on a user's computer (without the need for a plugin), but since Edge no longer supports this and doesn't allow custom plugins (yet) Lansweeper actions won't work there at all.
ABECU
Engaged Sweeper III
As of version 52 Firefox does not support legacy plug-ins. Chrome is planning to follow suit soon. Will Lansweeper be adjusted to not require the plugin? Thanks.