cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SEC_ALERTS
Engaged Sweeper
Hi Friends,

I need help from you guys for below case.

I have to perform the task to search *.MP3 and *.EXE files on my network.
Lansweeper presently doesn’t support wild card.
While doing this ,I have to make exception like ,when i searching *.exe files on my network, i am able to eliminate C:\Windows ,C:\Program files folders.
I had tried some software’s but it does not work properly and also take much time to perform this activity.
If anybody have any software idea, please let me know.
Thanks in advance!!

Regards,
SEC_ALERTS
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Daniel_B
Lansweeper Alumni
As an FYI for all, we have posted a script here with allows to perform a network file search. You can use it through the deployment feature of Lansweeper. It should be relatively quick if the hard-drive of computers isn't too big. However, it might strongly influence the performance of target computers. This depends on the parameters you are using and other circumstances which we have no influence on.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Daniel_B
Lansweeper Alumni
As an FYI for all, we have posted a script here with allows to perform a network file search. You can use it through the deployment feature of Lansweeper. It should be relatively quick if the hard-drive of computers isn't too big. However, it might strongly influence the performance of target computers. This depends on the parameters you are using and other circumstances which we have no influence on.
murpmic
Engaged Sweeper III
Tree Size Pro. Works well and can be scheduled to do this off hours to minimize impact to users.

http://www.jam-software.com/treesize/

Mike
Cobra7
Champion Sweeper
Powershell should be able to do this easy.

Get a AD list of computers, put it in array. Do a loop for each PC, check C$, then have it do another loop for each folder skipping the ones you want to skip.

Put results in an array with PC name and spit it out into a csv file (With LOTS of free space on HDD).

This will take a couple hours to code but I would expect very high accuracy with low impact on users. Network data usage will be higher than normal though.
Srikanth08
Engaged Sweeper II
Hi,

You can use 10 strike network file search tool..which costs less and is very mucg good for searching
Regards, Srikanth08
SEC_ALERTS
Engaged Sweeper
Thanks for your update!!
Ya, I know this ,that's why I am asking for ulternative tools/Sofware/methods.
I have to perfrom mentioned task and presently i am stuck in between.
If anyboday have any idea how do that ,please let me know.

Thanks in Advance!!
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Any tool that does this will significantly impact client performance. Extension based scanning hasn't been implemented in Lansweeper because these kinds of scans are extremely taxing on client computers and take too long to complete.