cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
alixmccart
Engaged Sweeper II
In my environment, we are going from physical to virtual, and we have noticed that using p2v software (even from sysinternals) has caused issues in migration.

what i plan is:
take old lansweeper box, make sure it's up to date.
then, install lansweeper on new box.
in both cases, lansweeper will be using sql express 2014. on the new server, it will be a new installation of both sql and lansweeper.

stop services on old box,
detach database using sql management.
import database into new server's sql server.
replace the old database with the new database that has been automatically created by the new lansweeper install.

my hope is that my custom made tables and reports will come with. i already know that i need to pull the install packages, scripts, etc from the default package share on LS, and i already know to backup the actions folder as well.

would my idea work, or would i be running into issues with guid/sid/uuid?

otherwise, if there is a knowledge base article already covering these steps, let me know.

Thank you!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
Instructions for moving everything (database, scanning service, web console) to a new server can be found in this article. Custom reports are stored in your database and will be moved along with your database backup. Adding additional database tables isn't technically supported, but these should automatically be moved as part of your database backup as well.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
Instructions for moving everything (database, scanning service, web console) to a new server can be found in this article. Custom reports are stored in your database and will be moved along with your database backup. Adding additional database tables isn't technically supported, but these should automatically be moved as part of your database backup as well.