cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
joep
Engaged Sweeper
I currently have nightly scans set up via IP Range for our office (192.168.0.1 - 192.168.1.254)
But if a new machine is added, or if the name of a machine is changed, it doesn't seem to pick up those machines. It only seems to re-scan those machines found in the initial, first scan.

Am I missing something here in the setup? I'd like to have a full list of all CURRENTLY ACTIVE machines on the network waiting for me each morning. We've been using the "Remote Assistance" plugin and it's really been nice to prevent helpdesk from having to go to users desks with COVID restrictions. But when a PC isn't found in lansweeper due to being new or a name change, it stinks.
1 REPLY 1
FrankSc
Lansweeper Tech Support
Lansweeper Tech Support
joep wrote:
I currently have nightly scans set up via IP Range for our office (192.168.0.1 - 192.168.1.254)
But if a new machine is added, or if the name of a machine is changed, it doesn't seem to pick up those machines. It only seems to re-scan those machines found in the initial, first scan.

Am I missing something here in the setup? I'd like to have a full list of all CURRENTLY ACTIVE machines on the network waiting for me each morning. We've been using the "Remote Assistance" plugin and it's really been nice to prevent helpdesk from having to go to users desks with COVID restrictions. But when a PC isn't found in lansweeper due to being new or a name change, it stinks.

Hello,

It depends a bit on how you are scanning and what your settings are in the scanning targets. There is a difference if you would be scanning with an IP range scanning target, or with an Active Directory scanning target. In an IP range target, you can select for example ignore Windows computers to be scanned.
Generally if no asset is created, we recommend going through this KB article:
https://www.lansweeper.com/knowledgebase/no-asset-created-for-scanned-computer-or-device/

New to Lansweeper?

Try Lansweeper For Free

Experience Lansweeper with your own data.

Try Now