Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FixitDave
Champion Sweeper
msra.exe /offerra {smartname}
6 REPLIES 6
deryk
Engaged Sweeper
Nice tip, thanks! Didn't realise this command existed and can confirm it still works in Windows 11. Just need to have it enabled in Group Policy for your techies (Computers - Admin templates - System - Remote Assistance - Configure Offer Remote Assistance - and list helpers/helper group)

As well as the necessary firewall settings and actually enabling the service with Admin Templates - Windows Components - Remote Desktop Service - Remote Desktop Session Host - Connections (Allow users to connect remotely by using Remote Desktop Services)

We do have some users who struggle with "can you press the start button and type in 'assist'" for various reasons so it's useful to be able to just have it pop up and say yes. I wish you could pre-check the "allow control of UAC prompts" option at their end though as it's just one more thing that will confuse the kind of person who needs the assistance.
joep
Engaged Sweeper
I see this is from 2015, but I can't seem to get it to work or WIn10
FixitDave
Champion Sweeper
joep wrote:
I see this is from 2015, but I can't seem to get it to work or WIn10

Hi Joe, this should work with all versions of Windows.

Ensure the person clicking the link is in the "Offer Remote Assistance Helpers" or "Administrators" local group.

I'm not 100% sure what services are needed, but check "Remote Desktop Services" is also running.

Regards
Dave
alixmccart
Engaged Sweeper II
This is an awesome action and saves my helpdesk guy like 10 min of instructing the user where to find remote assistance. now, he just clicks, accepts the confirmation, and boom he's in. Thank you @FixitDave!!
FixitDave
Champion Sweeper
{smartname} will be replaced by the FQDN of the machine you are viewing within Lansweeper.
alixmccart
Engaged Sweeper II
what is the {smartname} part of this??