cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Brower_IT_Solut
Engaged Sweeper
We've noticed that sometimes, not all of the time, that PCs connections to switchports showing in Lansweeper are incorrect. We haven't investigated it much, but it may be related to laptops that move around.

We're using Cisco switches. Currently there is a PC that is plugged into port 8 on the switch, however, Lansweeper isn't showing this PC as being connected to port 8, it is instead showing it connected to port 32. I have confirmed this PC is connected to port 8 and even the Cisco switch is reporting it in port 8 and nothing in 32.

I can't say for sure that this PC was plugged into 32 on a prior date, or when that may have been, but it seems that Lansweeper isn't updating that this should not be in port 8. This has happened with other PCs in the past as well.

I have also tried rescanning the asset for this PC, but it still did not update properly.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
rom
Champion Sweeper II
For switchports, the switches have to be scanned in order to update. I set my switches to be scanned every 2 hours.

If you go to the asset page for the switch, you will see a date where the asset on the port was last seen. if there's two records like you said, one may be older, and there's an action in the left menu to 'Remove Disconnected Devices' which will clean up the older port entries.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Brower_IT_Solut
Engaged Sweeper
The "Remove Disconnected Devices" was the issue. Once I did that, then re-scanned the switch, everything showed up correctly.

Thank you for the help!

Is there a way to schedule to remove disconnected devices automatically, as part of routine maintenance, so I don't have to constantly do that myself to get records to show up correctly?
rom
Champion Sweeper II
For switchports, the switches have to be scanned in order to update. I set my switches to be scanned every 2 hours.

If you go to the asset page for the switch, you will see a date where the asset on the port was last seen. if there's two records like you said, one may be older, and there's an action in the left menu to 'Remove Disconnected Devices' which will clean up the older port entries.