cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
harrisa
Engaged Sweeper

Greetings,

I am trying to generate QR codes that can be scanned via a iOS/Android device which will open up the Lansweeper Cloud asset page. I can't seem to find a way to generate a QR code in the Cloud portal like you can in the on-prem version. 

Aside from going to each asset, generating a code (via a generator) and just going about my day or is there a better way I should be going about this? 

Sorry for the vague question. If I need to add any more info please let me know.

Thanks,

Aaron

4 REPLIES 4
BICOVDS
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee

We do have an integration which would allow barcode scanning with Asset Panda: https://www.lansweeper.com/integration/asset-panda/

Nicolas Van Den Steen
Technology Alliance Partner Manager
nicolas.van.den.steen@lansweeper.com
rader
Champion Sweeper III

Easy enough, but tedious.

Navigate to the asset page in your cloud panel. Copy the URL.

Open a web browser to any free QR code generator site, I used https://www.qrcode-monkey.com as a test, paste the URL from the cloud panel and press enter. It generates a QR code that contains the URL. Scan the QR code to test. It should be working now.

As to mass QR code generation and printouts, google would be your best research tool.

Good luck.

ErikT
Lansweeper Tech Support
Lansweeper Tech Support

@harrisa 

Unfortunately, generating QR codes in Cloud is currently not possible. We've added this feature to our customer wishlist as a feature request.

Features on our customer wish list get development priority based on customer demand and difficulty to implement. We cannot guarantee that features will be implemented when submitted.

harrisa
Engaged Sweeper

Thank you for following up. Maybe I am going about this the wrong way. Do you have any additional resources or recommendations? I am trying to simplify the process for my team and having a way to scan a barcode (or QR) that would take them to a mobile friendly page it would be great. 

If not I will keep trying to come up with a better solution. I look forward to seeing a feature like this added. 

Thanks,

Aaron